• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what can i do to make him comfy??

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
rexy should be plumless by now, poor bun:cry: how can i make him as comfy as possible- more or less bedding? should i use bedding or give him a blanket or something to lie on, any ideas greatfully recieved,
thanks
:?

Whenever I've had a bun neutered I set up an indoor dog crate in the house for 2-3 days.

The bucks seem to fair better than the does, but a bit of tlc won't hurt!

Keeping himwarm for the first 24-48 hours is important as his body temp will be low cos of the anaesthetic.

I take out all the hay apart from some soft hay in the litter tray for them to munch on, and I put in vet bed or folded towels so that he has something soft and warm to lie on.

Most importantly I stock up on their absolute fave foods to encourage them to eat as soon as possible after the op.

Hope all goes well - bet you've had a nail biting day!

sounds awful but would have been much easier if it was the husband there not rexy:lol: i will do all that, thanks for your help:D

I layer the cage with newspaper, then a towel or two and a snugglesafe. I still give the litter tray with Megazorb and Hay in a hayrack.

Have some tasty noms available too. Brian was done recently and he also has a cuddly toy for the time being until he's bonded with Jemimah.

Back