• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor foster baby

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
Little Jacinta, the harlequin bun I am fostering was due to go in for her spay this week, but I've had to delay it cos I'm without a car this week.

Went to clean her out an hour ago and she is nesting:cry:

No wonder she's been like a little dervish this week.

Should I remove the fur, or will that just encourage her to pull out more?

ETA she's not pregnant!!!!

Thanks for that - I'll leave her to it then.
I can't see where she's pulled the fur from, but theres loads of it!!

Isn't she a bit young for a phantom- she's only around 6months.

Well at least it explains why she was growling and lunging yesterday and "cried" when I stroked her back (like the noise they can make when being mounted:oops:)

That's almost peak age for the first breeding in a lot of the breeds, so no, definitely not too young.

She's probably pulling from around her nipples or her dewlap. You may be able to see in a few days.

She may also get swollen nipples, so be prepared for that too.

Soz for all the q's but have no experience with pregnant (or not!) bunnies.

Would the neuter normally be delayed then, or is it nothing like when a dog comes in season?

I would suggest it should only be done when she is clear from her phantom, although I don't know for sure.

It shouldn't take too long, within a couple of days it should all be over with.

Poor little girls hormones must have been raging as she has been scary, she's been that ferocious. She's only tiny too:lol::lol:

She was calmer yday (after a week of growling and biting) and I managed to put my hand in and stroke her about 6 times, and she even let me cuddle her for 15 mins and she seemed to go to sleep.

'This morning she's scary again:lol::lol: I just opened her door to come out in the garden and herded her back in to save my fingers:lol::lol:

Back