• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Little visitor

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I found this little guy this morning when I went to sort the rabbits out..

various031.jpg

various034.jpg

various035.jpg

Im glad it was this bucket, and not any other, as I would never have noticed him :)

I released him in the grave yard after dark, in the hope the birds of prey don't find him

So sweet :love:
I've never managed to get a decent picture of the little mouse that visits our garden, I'm lucky if I see anything more than a blur... he's so fast! :love:

He is lovely :love:. How did he get in to a bucket?

He must have dropped in overnight, there were lots of other things around the bucket, I have seen these types of humane traps, where there is a ramp up the bucket and something tasty at the bottom of the bucket. I did try it a few months ago, as I knew he was in there, but gave up after a couple of weeks.

We have one too, we've named him Malcolm the Mouse. He visits and always sits in this little wall trough, eating the birds food!! :lol:

DSC00269.jpg

I have seen these types of humane traps, where there is a ramp up the bucket and something tasty at the bottom of the bucket. I did try it a few months ago, as I knew he was in there, but gave up after a couple of weeks.

Ahhh...the bunnies probably taught him that one. When they are trying to catch you, you run away, when they finally give up and stop trying to catch you, then you walk nonchalently into wherever it was the human wanted you :lol:

What lovely little mice. :D
I reckon that the one in the bucket wanted a holiday, & organized his own transport.

Back