• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie's bad tummy

Suzanne

Mama Doe
Came home from work tonight to find Rosie wasn't a happy bunny. She just sat in the litter tray and wasn't interested in going out in the garden. She was fine when I left to go to work this morning. I gave them all their usually cabbage breakfast and they had plenty of hay.

So out came the metacam and infacol along with a few tummy rubs. Her tummy started gurgling so it must have been a trapped wind. I put her on the garden to get her moving and with half an hour she was eating the grass. I can never understand why the sickness just comes on like that, she hasn't had anything different but she is a greedy bun. I thought I was going to be at the vets tomo. So glad I know what do in these circumstances - I'm sure many buns die just because of a bit of gas and owners not understanding what to do.

Hope she feels 100% better soon :)

It is scary to think how many rabbits must die from a bit of gas, your right :(. It does come on quickly and if your not 100% aware of everything about your bun it could easily go untreated :(.

Hows your Rosie's tummy today?

My one Louis has gut stasis just now. Its the first time he has had it. If he hasnt pooed by 6pm he will have to go in & go on a drip! :(

xx

Hows your Rosie's tummy today?

My one Louis has gut stasis just now. Its the first time he has had it. If he hasnt pooed by 6pm he will have to go in & go on a drip! :(

xx

Thankfully she was fine when I let her into the garden after work today. Eating grass like there was no tomorrow. :)

Hope your boy is ok.

Back