• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Serious Illness, Rabbits and Travel for Diagnostics.........

I think you will know when the bun has had enough Jane. If they are still fighting and happy in themselves then keep taking them for treatment. We drove Snowdrop to York (100 miles from us) because she was still happy in herself. Had she been suffering or more unwell I would not have stressed her out with the travel.

Umm personally I would say when the travelling is making them feel worse hun :cry: If it got to the point where the journey was causing them to feel worse I am not sure I could keep doing it as rabbits don't travel well at the best of times :cry: You will be able to tell hun

How was he today in the car? x

As far as travel is concerned...I'd say it depends on the individual rabbit. I know some of mine are quite blasé about being in the car, whilst others turn into jibbering wrecks.

I agree with Snowberry. You know your bunnies better than anyone else and I don't think that anybody will judge you no matter what decision you make.

Morse is MUCH worse after this mornings journey (approx 30 mins each way plus having the abdominal U/S)

He is now in GI stasis and tbh I think he's dying

:cry:

When you ask 'What is best for my bun' and the answer is 'not this' (this being travelling, life, treatment, etc).

If you keep asking yourself that question all the time, any time you do something, then you won't go wrong.

Trust your gut instinct. You know your buns better than anyone Jane. They are in safe hands with you. We trust you. You just need to trust yourself.

:no: don't ask us Jane - trust you OWN instincts....like many many people on here do! So many of us come to you for advice, as we are confident in your judgement...cos although you know a lot about buns, a lot of the time it's down to judgement, and we trust yours. Have faith in yourself!

Plus, it is easy to say "he's worse because of the car journey", and it may be true, but a) there's nothing to say he wouldn't have got worse anyway, and b) it could have saved his life if only it had been better news, you weren't to know.

If only they could speak and tell you.

I think deep down you'll know. If the journey and the tests start to have a detrimental effect on his wellbeing or it dampens his spirit, then you know what is best for him.

If your vet thinks there's a chance they can treat the problem then you'll know if it's worth it. If he's still got spirit then perhaps keep at it?
But if he's at home and losing his happiness and not being the Morse he was.....then only you - who loves him more than anyone - can decide.

I'm very sorry you're going through this.

x

I am so sorry Jane to hear of Morse. I wish I could wave a magic wand for you both.

I can only send vibes and hugs from afar and pray that the gorgeous Inspector Morse starts to improve xxx

so sorry jane, sending vibes, i know its hard, try & enjoy the time you have left with him, love him lots & cuddles etc & talk to him lots too, they know you have done your very best for them & they love you so much for it too

I just feel so useless :cry:
Three Vets and blood tests, abdominal U/S and still no-one can tell me what's wrong with him :cry:

I am not saying I think the Vets are rubbish, far from it.
Its just so awful to see Morse like this and to not know 'why'

:cry:

Back