• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Hope Please she is breathing bad.. U/D Post 18.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
We have been nebulizing Hope now for 2 week's as she is breathing so badly but she doesn't seem to have improved. We have been putting a visit to the vets off as it's about 45 minutes away and she stresses so much but we feel we are getting nowhere with her medication and the nebulizing and she may need something else. I am just so worried as she is 4 years old and the last of our 5 babies born to Grace in 2005 and she is just a gentle soul. I'm worried the journey to the vets on Friday will be too much for her, she is eating ok and grooming herself. Her eyes are also bad her companion Kenzo does try to clean them for her but she won't let him so we are doing it.
We have Pud also being nebulized as he has a constant nasal infection but he is not as bad as Hope, and of course Poppet has decided not to eat this morning again. Worry worry worry, Vibes please for Hope. :(

Our beautiful Hope.

Hope3.jpg

:love::love:

Last edited:
Oh no, what a stressful time for you. Poor little buns.

Could you speak to the vet beforehand to find out if there's anything else you can try? If it's something very worthwhile then the journey might be worth it (and if they only need to give you something, Hope needn't go).

At least she's eating, that's always good.

I won't give any more advise as I've never dealt with this, but I will send you lots of good vibes for all your buns.

xx

Oh no, what a stressful time for you. Poor little buns.

Could you speak to the vet beforehand to find out if there's anything else you can try? If it's something very worthwhile then the journey might be worth it (and if they only need to give you something, Hope needn't go).

At least she's eating, that's always good.

I won't give any more advise as I've never dealt with this, but I will send you lots of good vibes for all your buns.

xx

'Thanks BobbleG' I think we need to take her as we are also worried about her eyes and they will give her a good check up, maybe there is something that we have overlooked! we just know she isn't getting any better and we don't know what else to do for her. :(

so sorry to hear this maysie and i know how worried you must be. If i was you i would take her as if you don't and she gets worse you will feel so bad.
i will be thinking of you and hope they can help you both.
hugs xx

Everything crossed for Hope. I've heard that 2 drops of Bach 5 flower rescue on a raisin helps with travel.

Lots of vibes for Hope and your other bunnies. I hope that she travels ok - definitely recommend the rescue remedy, and that the vet can help her. :)

This is my exact same dilemma! My Harlie has trouble breathing, I want to see our really good vet (45min away if I drive really fast) but the journey would be too much for her. Over a week ago I saw the vet without Harlie and only a laptop with videos - not ideal. Now I'm still waiting for a 'stable' moment to see the vet. My plan would be to get someone to stay with her on the way down as I drive slowly. But she's still too fragile :(
Sending you lots of vibes for Hope.

Hope went to the Vet's last Friday and she has a 'Nasal Infection' and is on Baytril and Bisolvon Oral powder. The vet thinks her infection and sore eyes could be due to her losing two of her companions within a few months. Hope travelled well to the vet's and back which I was so glad about as I was worried this would stress her out more but then she did have new Husbun Kenzo with her. We are still nebulising her to aid her breathing.

Sadly Poppet still isn't eating as much as we would like and so we are now syringe feeding her to be on the safe side. Been using 'Critical Care' Fine Grind and it's brilliant, doesn't clog up the syringe and is so much easier to give. they seem to like it more as well.

'Thank You Everyone for your Vibes...they certainly helped' :)

Maysie x

Back