• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns go out in the rain?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
My buns are indoor bunnies but i try and let them out everyday, usually just in good weather but today it doesnt look like it is going to stop and Sooty is out there binkying around in the pouring rain :roll:

Are they ok to be out in the rain? She has the choice to come in - the door is open at all times - just means im freezing to death inside :lol:

Nope, they hate the rain.

My buns are free range in the garden all day and are kept in their hutch at nights. Today, although the hutch door is wide open, they are sitting on the top level staring out at the rain coming down. Every time I go near I get hate stares - I can only think they assume that I am responsible for turning the rain on.

I took them a parsley bell to try and cheer them up but I still got disdainful looks from them.

Bayley is an indoor bunny but goes out in all weather. His door us usually open but even when it isn't, he uses the dog flap!! Don't ask:roll:

eric charges out in any weather - not nice this morning when i was stood freezing at the door whilst he did his morning 'routine' (eric waits by the door to be let out for a wee like a dog:lol:).

esme doesn't seem so keen on wet weather tho.

Mine often go out into the rain. In fac, they are out now, but they can always go in if they want

I put mine out & shut the door after them:oops: If they get fed up, there's generally a small gathering under the door-overhang, so I let 'em back in. Failing that, they have a table, chairs, an umbrella & a couple of hutches to escape into:D

It's only for a couple of hours in an evening anyway:D

I have a pair that are going out in a run everyday, but they have a half-covered run & a hutch & pet carrier to hide in:D

Yeah Scarlett does, Trip doesn't like it though so stays in the kitchen :)

I do dry her when she is done, she is quite fluffy though if Trip got wet I would just let him dry off himself x

Peanut used to love the rain!

Jelly hates rain, tough as an old boot that bunny but detests rain! Domino and Pebbles arent too fussed but now they have the shed they can stay in if they want :)

Not if its tipping it down but yeah otherwise they do but have the garage door open so they can go in and out, my garden has lots of sheltered, they oftern snuggle up under the apple tree, of course if im not home they dont go out, i wouldnt put them in the run in the rain.

I wouldn't ever again after an experience I had with my old bunny Peter, but there were other circumstances involved.

It had been a heatwave of a summer and Peter used to have full run of the garden (he was an outdoor bun), anyway it got 'close' and poured it down. He got Pneumonia, we took him to the vets but it was too late and he binkyed to the bridge:cry:, he was 7years old. R.I.P Peter:cry:.

I haven't made the assumption that he got pneumonia from this, but this is what the vet said was the likely explaination.

Back