• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

arggghhhhhhh boy or girl? U/D POST 13

kaths101

Warren Veteran
well after having Oreo a month and being told at P@H he was a boy 'he' is actually a she!! Oreo is just over 3 months old now and the vet is almost certain he is a she!! argghhhh

Slightly annoyed as I already have Sooty who is a girl and wanted to bond them which I will still do but I was planning on having him neutered soon and then put them together but now have to wait 2 months to get her Spayed :roll:

I was hoping to have them together and to give them more room..

Oh well doesn't change anything as I wouldnt swap him/her for the world but just a bit annoying/dissappointing :?

Last edited:
Snap! Same thing happened to me. P@H sold me a boy and a girl and I have actually got 2 boys! So they have been neutered for 2 weeks and waiting for hormones to die down to see if they can ever get on. You probably have more chance of 2 girls getting on than I do with 2 boys. Good luck :D

I got Pepi 3 years ago, we were told he was a she. Unfortunately my little baby had a parasite in his stomach which he picked up from p@h, all the bunnies in the same pen all died. R.I.P ickle Pepi:cry:.

Lenny was originally Norah, he wasn't part of a bonded pair fortunately.

In both cases I've realised as soon as I've got home they've been sexed wrong.:evil:

Though P@H in Dewsbury now have one worker who actually knows what they're talking about when it comes down to buns! :)

Oh so it is fairly common - I guess it is because it is hard to tell them apart at a young age but even still!

I had 3 seperate shop assistants who looked because I deffo wanted a boy and 2 said a boy and one said a girl! So I asked them to ask the 'vet' in store and they said a boy!! hmmmmmm.. Mind you the girl assistant who said it was a girl seemed very knowledgale so I should have listened to her :lol: but I went with percentages and the last person was definite it was a boy :roll:
I wouldnt change her for the world now though and it really doesnt matter that much :love:

So Bex09 we need to do a swap if you have 2 boys and I have 2 girls :lol:

Jaysmonkey - what was the parasite - where there any signs or symptoms? Oreo has a lump on his tummy which we re treating with Baytril at the mo!

My "boy" Hattie had 5 babies after being here a fortnight, wonder how that happened? :roll:

I just got a lionhead from a petshop who I was told was a girl..only I think it's a boy :roll:

there is no excuse in my book! it is not rocket science to sex babies, i have sexed 3 litters at 6 weeks over the last 7 years and got every single one right.

kaths101;3379270 Jaysmonkey - what was the parasite - where there any signs or symptoms? Oreo has a lump on his tummy which we re treating with Baytril at the mo![/QUOTE said:
Don't worry, I don't think your Oreo has it. The symptoms were a very messy bum and him being very lethargic. There may have been more symptoms, but after 2days of getting him I knew he was dreadfully ill so he was taken to the vets, where he survived a grand total of 10days, the bill ended coming to over £2,000, but p@h covered the costs.

Pepi lived the longest out all the buns with the parasite, so he was a little fighter. Bless him. :cry: I miss him!

one of my parents foster buns had a litter,when they were 10 weeks dad took them to the vet they got health checked and sexed-only the vet got it wrong with one of them-just as well we double checked.:(

it happens all time and is not neccessarily p@H fault. i had ted at the vets 3 times to see when he would be ready for de pluming only to have a good check myself and realised he was a she. she was nearly 4 mnths old by the time i found out. some bunnies can be really hard specially when so young.

ITS A BOY!!! Well you would not believe it - I took oreo to the vet again yesterday for a check on the lump on his tummy (still on Baytril ) and 'she' had testicals!!!!!!!!!!! so he who was a she is now a he again - I think the plum fairy is playing nasty tricks on my bun...
:oops:

i saw a really good vet this time who i will defintely keep seeing now, she said he is probably a lot younger than we thought and what P@H told us...

So im back to a boy and a girl - phew - Oreo is definitely going to have sexuality issues as we keep saying he, she, him, her all too confusing :lol:

:lol::lol: This story made me chuckle, poor old Oreo. He's going to be confused when he grows up, especially when you remove his plums, he won't know what he is :shock:

Back