• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Synchronizing my two rabbit vaccs

confusedman

Mama Doe
WHen I got my second rabbit I was adviced to try synchronizing the vaccs with the first one in order to bring them together to vet and make them have the same protection periods etc.
THe situation now is the following

Fanta Myxo 16/12/08 VHD 07/01/09
George Myxo 21/10/08 VHD 12/09/08

Do you think now will be a good time to vaccinate them?

Have a word with your vet.Luckily my 2 myxy was due at same time but there was 5months difference with VHD but vet said this was ok & did Dill 5months early.Your myxy looks like it should be a good time to do it now as it is often done 6monthly in high risk areas.:)

I agree with willowholly that it might be a good idea to discuss 6 mthly myxi vaccinations with your vet. :)

Re. bringing them in line, it's not a problem to bring one forward slightly - I did this last year with Bubbles and Alfie. I would definitely get them both done now though, rather than delay George's until December.

As both your vaccinations for Myxie were done between 10 months and a year ago I would definately get them vaccinated ASAP. do talk to your vet about the frequency that they advise to have the vaccinations done.

I would also look at getting George's VHD done as he is over a year and VHD is only discovered to be in an area when it is too late and already affected buns. You could also seek advise to see ahat your vets views are about giving Fanta the VHD slightly earlier than normal.

just be careful, bunnies are addictive, I by luck all of my buns are at around the same time, and its going to cost £100 for 6 myxi and 2 vhd.

I wouldhate to see a rescues bills

Back