• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mmm....home grown carrots

Bluebell's Mum

Warren Scout
The OH wants to know why the bunny is eating the home grown organic produce and we are eating the stuff from the supermarket!!!
BlueBell062.jpg

I paid good money in the supermarket today for hairy organic carrots for the buns!!(They do share....)

:lol: Me too. I grow all kinds of greens and carrots for Julie but there is usually none for us or very little. If there is extra I take it to the bunny rescue.

Carrots are very easy. I dig up the soil a little, mix some bunny poops with the soil then plant seeds and water. Simple. Julie loves the tops of the carrots the best. If you break off the top and leave a carrot if in the ground it will sprout a new top This is handy if your bunnies eat all the tops.

I grow the carrots in pots. Just fill some pots with multi purpose compost, sprinke on some carrot seeds (buy at any garden centre or even the supermarket), and cover with a thin layer of compost. Sow the seeds in the spring and by early autumn you should have carrots. Just water and wait!! I cover the pots with a fine netting to prevent the carrot fly getting in. Bunny heaven!!:D

:D Bless! I don't grow but I do buy the organic bunched carrots (with the leafy bits) for my bunnies. Along with lots of cabbage greens and parsley.

The checkout lady said to me today that she "felt guilty looking at how healthy I eat". I laughed and admitted all the healthy stuff was for my rabbits!!:oops:::D

Back