PDA

View Full Version : A new special bunny on the way/ piccys added p4/ more pics post 84/ vets p112

Hugo's There
20-10-2009, 06:36 PM
A forum member contacted us this afternoon to say she was very concerned about a baby bunny in a garden centre. He seems to have deformities in his legs or spine or both :? She has thankfully managed to take him and Steve is now on his way to collect the little fellow.

He is only 6 weeks old and was apparently born prematurely so is tiny :?

Have no idea of breed and colour or really what we are going to find when we see him.

Fingers crossed this little one is going to be OK and will be able to enjoy some quality of life here at our sanctuary. It is going to be a very stressful time for him and with him being so young we are concerned :(

I will charge the camera up in a bit and hopefully be able to get a picture posted later to night :)

Just want to say well done to Michelle for getting him, I hate to think what would have happened if he had been sold as a pet especially with half term coming up :(

Sky-O
20-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Well done to all involved.

I can't wait to see pics and hear an update.

hurricanhoney
20-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Hope you can help the little one. I have just heard from Michelle, poor little mite. :(

louise and Gus
20-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Liz I don't know how you and Steve manage to still open your heart to buns after all you have been through lately :love: :love: :love: Can't wait for pictures and hope the baby isn't in too bad state xx

Bunnyaddict
20-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Well done to all of you involved with this little one - thinking of you & hoping this little will be able to enjoy the wonderful life with you that all your buns do xxx

Rhian33
20-10-2009, 06:48 PM
What a lucky bunny. Hope you can help him :wave:

skgreene
20-10-2009, 06:49 PM
How are these places still selling animals, some pets shops i've visited are exellecent the staff are well trained and animals look happy and healthy but sadly most sell under aged and ill animals:censored:. Hope this lil bun survives his orderal

angeleyes
20-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Awww can't wait to see pics :love: Well done to everyone for saving this little one but especially to you Liz knowing how hard it has been for you lately xxx

Jaysmonkey
20-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Well done for saving him. Hope he's ok! :)

Kermit
20-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Cant wait to see pics of the new Rainbow Rabbit :)
Hopefully bunsters not too poorly and you can help him to have a great life.

Hugo's There
20-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Hand over is complete and Steve is on his way home :) Steve hasn't seen him yet as he was safely in a cardboard box. At least this means Steve wont bond with him on the journey home and give him a ridiculous name before I get the chance to meet him :lol:

Sky-O
20-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Hand over is complete and Steve is on his way home :) Steve hasn't seen him yet as he was safely in a cardboard box. At least this means Steve wont bond with him on the journey home and give him a ridiculous name before I get the chance to meet him :lol:

You should have a ridiculous name ready and waiting for the bun :D

I hope they get home quickly.

Hugo's There
20-10-2009, 07:39 PM
You should have a ridiculous name ready and waiting for the bun :D

I hope they get home quickly.

Steve wants to call him little Dave, (he always wants to call them little Dave except for Austin who he wanted to call little Norman) or Midge as in Midge Ure :roll: How random is that :lol:

Sky-O
20-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Steve wants to call him little Dave, (he always wants to call them little Dave except for Austin who he wanted to call little Norman) or Midge as in Midge Ure :roll: How random is that :lol:

Midge could even work this time given he is so small :lol:

antigone
20-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Looking forward to pictures :D

MissMinnie
20-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Hope little bunny is ok. Hope this all has a happy ending, which I'm sure it will now that it's on the way to you.

PTV
20-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Can't wait to see the little bunny :)

clutterydrawer
20-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Bless you for making such an effort to get this little one :) Looking forward to seeing him. x

poppymoon
20-10-2009, 08:43 PM
no idea how you keep going. inspirational:D

is the camera charged yet?:oops:

KarenM
20-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I can't wait to see 'little Dave'. :love::love:

bunny babe
20-10-2009, 08:48 PM
All as I can say is that you are two amazing people. Can't wait to see photos of "Little Dave".

gillmanning
20-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Can't wait to see the new little arrival x

Hugo's There
20-10-2009, 08:49 PM
OMG :cry::cry::cry:

How could he have been for sale :cry::cry: He looks about 3 weeks old :cry: He can sit in the palm of my hand, it breaks your heart :cry:

He definately has a splayed front leg with a club foot, he is too shakey to assess his back end at the moment.

Got the cutest face though :love: He is a little black bunny, possibly with a touch of rex :? He is going to be called Newt :love::love:

antigone
20-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Newt is lucky to be with you.:D

Natalie83
20-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Thank goodness for wonderful people like you - he's going to come on in leaps and bounds just being with you both x

unalakey
20-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Aww! so glad he found his way to you, cant wait for piccy's once he's settled in, Newt's a great name:D

Sky-O
20-10-2009, 08:55 PM
He is SO lucky to be rescued by a team of such kind hearted people. He's in the right place now.

hellsdarkrose
20-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Thank Goodness you now have Newt and can provide him with the love and care he needs.

I have been reading about your Rainbow Bunnies and I think what you do is truly inspirational.

Kermit
20-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Awww, wee Newt.....we havent even seen him yet but i know he is going to be one special RU bunster! :love::love::love:

poppymoon
20-10-2009, 09:09 PM
i've already fallen for him:D little black bunny who's not the same as the other bunnies:love: hope he settles down quickly and thrives in your care x

Tuckerbunnies
20-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Ah Bless him at least he is in the right place now, good luck little Newt. :love:

angeleyes
20-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Thank God he is with you Liz x

Hugo's There
20-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Here are a few piccys :love: You can see his little club foot on the front right hand side, his back legs are also not right but I need to wait for him to settle a bit before we have a proper look. In the third piccy you can see how small he is compared with my hand :( And in the fourth he had just fallen on his side, which he is doing a lot although that could be the journey :?

He has been licking his blanket and has now settled down for a rest. I feel so bad that he had to leave his litter mates :(

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2502.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2503.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2504.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2505.jpg

Kermit
20-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Awww, bless, what a wee cutie.
Hope he gets on well at yours.
He is deffo in the best place now!!

antigone
20-10-2009, 09:21 PM
He's so cute :love::love::love::love: Please don't feel bad; you've saved his life :D

lottielouise
20-10-2009, 09:22 PM
oh he is soooooo tiny! At least he is the best place for him, and he will get all the love, care and attention that he will need :) But look at those EARS!!!!!

Starlight
20-10-2009, 09:22 PM
He is beautiful :love:

ilovemybuns
20-10-2009, 09:23 PM
awwwh hes so small:love:

poppymoon
20-10-2009, 09:23 PM
beautiful baby:love: huuuggggeeeee ears:shock:

Bunnyaddict
20-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh my Liz I am in love!!!!!! A little cute black bun :D:love::love::love:

He has landed exactly where he needs to be for the best care he needs ;):D

hurricanhoney
20-10-2009, 09:26 PM
:shock::shock: poor thing looks tiny. Well done Michelle for getting bunny to a safe place.

angeleyes
20-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Aww bless him he is so tiny :love:

Hugo's There
20-10-2009, 09:27 PM
:shock::shock: poor thing looks tiny. Well done Michelle for getting bunny to a safe place.

Exactly :)

I am assuming he is male but who knows :lol: may have to change his name to newtella :lol:

orange
20-10-2009, 09:29 PM
He is gorgeous :love::love:

And I love those huge ears :love:

Michelleox
That was what he was doing when i first saw him, falling to the side:( He seems such a jolly little chap in himself and his 'disability' doesn't seem to bother him. He eats and drinks well and seems fairly bold.

The shocking story is that a vet, and exotic vet at that who works somewhere well known, hand reared the litter as they were premature. He is supposed to be 6 weeks old. This vet now lives a fair way away and as she used to 'supply' 'stock' to where i got him from, she travelled about 100 miles to 'sell' these bunnies:? Would a vet really go through all the time and effort handrearing five bunnies just to flog them to a petshop?????!!! I know a couple of people who work there and this is the story they believe.

The place where i got him from, they were very concerned (the owner didn't know these buns were brought in) and are contacting this 'supplier'. To be fair, this place is one of the better places (usually) and very good with their animals:? The other buns are not for 'sale' for a few weeks...

*Spider*
If I had seen him, he'd most certainly be part of my household.
He's stunning, and his deformities make him unique.. love love love him! :love:
Can I adopt him? :oops: :lol:

clutterydrawer
20-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Awww hello tiny Newt :wave: keep us updated Liz!

Jaysmonkey
20-10-2009, 09:41 PM
aww he's precious. :love:

gillmanning
20-10-2009, 09:42 PM
What a little cutie and I love his ears :love: Hope he has a good night x

Hunnybunny2007
20-10-2009, 09:55 PM
He's so lovely, and so tiny how old is he:love:

MissMinnie
20-10-2009, 10:01 PM
: Well done Michelle for getting bunny to a safe place.

Yes, well done. I'm sure that other people must have seen him but done nothing. He has a wonderful home now. Poor little mite. Hope he settles in.

MopsyMops =]
20-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Isnt he a little cutieboo!!!

He is in the best place now though, im sure he will soon see that :love:

louise and Gus
20-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh what a little darling :love: :love: Can't believe he is so tiny :cry:

Well done Michelle for saving him, and Liz for taking him on, what more could he want than to be a rainbow rabbit :)

I am sure we will all be following this little ones progress closely :D

Michelleox
20-10-2009, 10:17 PM
He's so lovely, and so tiny how old is he:love:

Six weeks....apparently:?

Hugo's There
20-10-2009, 10:39 PM
He is sat on a heatpad now :love: we only heated it for half the normal time just so it seemed like he had the body heat of his litter mates still :)

Michelleox
20-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Bless him:love:

Lspacehopper
20-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Awwww....bless his heart (hugs) xx

Sky-O
20-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Those are ears!

He's gorgeous. Lucky boy (or girl) :)

drboo
20-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Newt is sooo cute :love: Love the name (see siggy to see why :lol:). But how can such a tiny little baby be up for sale :(

biscuitblossom
20-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh Liz hes so cute!

Hes a lucky boy to have been rescued by Michelle and to have come to your safe hands.....good luck liitle one.

ps.......love the name!

Phoebesmummy9
20-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Oh what a precious little bunny, If the litter was premature bunny could well be a 6 week old bun, but he does look very small for 6 weeks..

Bunshine
20-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Oh how brilliant that you could take him in, what a little cutie:)

Julia123
20-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Oh my..............my heart breaks to think that someone could have sold him as 'stock' to a garden centre.... poor little lamb, Michelle - just well done hun for acting on your gut and doing something!

Look forward to updates on how this little angel is doing :)

Hugo's There
20-10-2009, 11:21 PM
We have weighed him and he is just 250g

He has been out on the floor for 10 minutes and it really isn't good. He falls to the right constantly and can't right himself :( When he does move himself along his back legs come right out and he slides on his tummy an inch or so and then rolls on his side.

He is seeing the vets on Thursday but I am worried they will want to pts :( But we certainly want to give him more of a chance :)

It is possible he may gain some strength but it is also likely that as he grows the extra weight will mean he comes completely immobile :?

We thought Geordie Bun had major problems, but this is something else :cry:

Fingers crossed the vet is supportive on Thursday :?

louise and Gus
20-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Oh the poor little mite :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope the vet will be understanding and supportive, I know he will get the very best chance with you

angeleyes
20-10-2009, 11:31 PM

He has been out on the floor for 10 minutes and it really isn't good. He falls to the right constantly and can't right himself :( When he does move himself along his back legs come right out and he slides on his tummy an inch or so and then rolls on his side.

He is seeing the vets on Thursday but I am worried they will want to pts :( But we certainly want to give him more of a chance :)

It is possible he may gain some strength but it is also likely that as he grows the extra weight will mean he comes completely immobile :?

OMG 250g :shock: poor little mite :cry: I hope its good news from the vets on Thursday xx

honeybunny
20-10-2009, 11:33 PM
poor little thing.:cry:
so glad he is with you vibes for a good outcome xx

parsnipbun
21-10-2009, 12:03 AM
reminds me of the little bun Viola that Caroline had at rabbit recuse that I fostered for a short while.

kaths101
21-10-2009, 12:14 AM

:love::love::love: hes such a sweetie

Whatever the outcome he couldnt be in a better place and thank god he is out of the garden centre :censored: How could they not realise there was something wrong with the poor little mite...
Hes in the best possible place with the best person and whatever happens hes had a chance which is more than he would have done..

Good Luck on Thursday x x

holidayhutch
21-10-2009, 12:35 AM
He is so tiny, bless him. Let's hope the prognosis is good after he has seen the vet on Thursday

KarenM
21-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Oh my, he's so dinky. Poor little mite. :( Nobody will give him a better chance at a good life than you can at Rainbow Rabbits, so I hope its good news on Thursday. :)

Hugo's There
21-10-2009, 08:18 AM
I woke up alone this morning :? I thought Steve had crashed out on the sofa watch Dr Who DVD's again, so I got up early to check the little bun and found Steve wrapped in the spare duvet on the dining room floor next to Newts cage:)

He was worried tha Newt might fall in the night so decided to stay with him :love:

Newt was busy munching hay this morning and is now cupped in my left hand as I type with one finger :lol: He really is very bright, he must be desperate to binky about

I am now going to check out ebay for some guinea pig beds for him or may be a hamster bed would be more appropriate :?

Michelleox
21-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Glad he had a good night. That is what is so sad, he's a bright little thing and quite strong despite his back legs. As you said, maybe if and when he gets stronger something may be done. I really hope the vet visit will somehow be positive:(

Bless Steve, i got the impression last night he loves his rabbits;)

louise and Gus
21-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I woke up alone this morning :? I thought Steve had crashed out on the sofa watch Dr Who DVD's again, so I got up early to check the little bun and found Steve wrapped in the spare duvet on the dining room floor next to Newts cage:)

He was worried tha Newt might fall in the night so decided to stay with him :love:

Awww :love: :love:

bunlover
21-10-2009, 09:05 AM
glad he is doing ok with you poor wee might was he smaller than litter mates anyway? or do you think he is younger than the normal 8-9 weeks? he certaintly looks young, so glad he with you, xx

ShazzaBunny
21-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh the wee soul :cry: :love:

Well done Michelle for rescueing him, and Liz and Steve for giving him a home. I hope wee Newt can make it :love:

gillmanning
21-10-2009, 09:08 AM
:wave: Morning little Newt, glad you had a good night. You've found yourself a wonderful home :love:

Michelleox
21-10-2009, 09:15 AM
glad he is doing ok with you poor wee might was he smaller than litter mates anyway? or do you think he is younger than the normal 8-9 weeks? he certaintly looks young, so glad he with you, xx

He was a bit smaller than the others but not a great deal to be honest:?

youngbunny2
21-10-2009, 09:51 AM
are you going to try to do something about the garden centre? I think it is appauling that they were actually going to sell the poor little mite.

KateB
21-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Morning Newt!:wave: :love: (and Liz & Steve!)
I think you've found yourself a wonderful forever home - bless Steve for staying near you all night!

I do hope he gets the opportunity to grow big and strong - <fingers crossed> for the vet visit!

Hugo's There
21-10-2009, 11:03 AM
are you going to try to do something about the garden centre? I think it is appauling that they were actually going to sell the poor little mite.

Thats up to Michelle, i don't even know where it is :)

If I didn't know better I would say he was 3 to 4 weeks :shock: I half wish we had taken them all and later found homes for the healthy ones :(

be interesting to see what age the vet thinks he is :?

I have ordered him some lovely fleecy beds off ebay :love:

Rhian33
21-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Hope Newt turns out to be ok after your vet trip. He is so cute. Awful how he was on sale but if he wans't then I doubt he would have found his way to you.

You will absolutely do the right thing for him, so good luck.

Zizi
21-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Awww bless him, so tiny :love:

Really hoping the vet visit will go well :)

Hugo's There
21-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Here he is this morning happily munching some hay. he has the most amazingly fluffy chest, its very strange :love:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2510.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2511.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2512.jpg

And this is what I woke to find on the dining room floor this morning. Not only do I not have any presents due to a severe lack of funds but I find that my husband prefers a bunnys company to mine on my 40th birthday :roll::lol::lol:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM2513.jpg

elaine35uk
21-10-2009, 01:11 PM
:wave:Well...Happy 40th to you Liz, happy new home to Newt and well done to Michelle and you both for looking out for him :) Fingers crossed for the vet visit tomorrow x

kaths101
21-10-2009, 01:14 PM
:lol::lol::lol: aww bless him (your OH)

he looks very cute (Newt) :love: and his little fluffy chest is so unusual (Newt)

Had to edit due to you not knowing who im talking about :lol::lol: and to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY :love::love:

angeleyes
21-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Aww Liz happy birthday i wish i had known i would have sent you a present.

The little one is so gorg look at those blue eyes :love: :love: :love: :love:

joey&bugys 2007
21-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Wow he is soo lovely :love::love:

antigone
21-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Happy birthday, Liz :wave: Your husband has already given you a very special gift: Newt!:love::love::love:

Bluesmum
21-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Happy birthday!
Newt really is the loveliest thing :love:
Hope it all goes well at the vets tomorrow.
Bless Steve :lol:

Hugo's There
21-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Happy birthday, Liz :wave: Your husband has already given you a very special gift: Newt!:love::love::love:

Thats what he said too :roll::lol::lol:

sdf76
21-10-2009, 02:30 PM
:) Happy Birthday Liz:)-sue:wave:
What a beautiful:love: bun Newt is,(and what a kind husband to sleep overnight with Newt to make sure he was Ok.:)

giantbunnymummy
21-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Happy Birthday Liz :wave:

Little Newt is so beautiful :love: - very glad he's safe with you now.

Daisy-may
21-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Happy Birthday!!

Well done for helping newt. He is SO small!

Diddeen
21-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Happy Birthday Liz.. well done to you and Dave, and Michelle from giving this little one such a great home! He looks adorable and very happy despite his physical difficulties. I hope all goes well tomorrow and he can be given a chance. Love his little tufty chest.. maybe he has a lionhead cross in him?

stephers162
21-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Happy birthday Liz!
Newt is a lot like Binks when I first got him, he was the runt of his litter and at 10 weeks looked a lot like Newt. He only weighed 750g when he was fully grown and he had that sort of fluffiness behind his ears and down his neck.
He is a little stunner! :love:
Hope all goes well with him :)
xxx

Natalie83
21-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Happy Birthday! Newt is beautiful - what a darling little bunster xx

Hugo's There
21-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Thank you :wave:

I think I have really fallen for this little fellow :love::love: He is managing incredibly well. We have had to right him around 4 times today in his cage but otherwise he seems to get around it OK. He has also had a bit of exercise on the sofa and did better on that than a flat floor as he had blankets and cushions to help support him :) He doesn't let anything get him down, he has tried to climb up the back of the sofa and dives on to my lap :lol:

But one thing we have discovered is that his teeth may be tiny but they can still give a painful bite :lol:

Michelle is popping back to the garden centre tomorrow to check on the rest of his litter mates

Sky-O
21-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I just caught myself grinning at the computer screen with that update. I'm so glad he is doing well.

Hugo's There
21-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I just caught myself grinning at the computer screen with that update. I'm so glad he is doing well.

I've also had a stupid grin on my face all day :D But I am all too aware that a whole lot of heartache is probably going to accompany this little bunny at some point too. We are just enjoying him by the hour at the moment :love:

ETA Been charging up the camcorder this afternoon so hopefully can film him later this evening :)

LuceMarbles
21-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Many Happy Returns for your 40th Liz - what a lovely birthday present, Newt is absolutely scrumptious, I've gone all mushy an dewy eyed. You won't forget this birthday in a hurry :D.

gillmanning
21-10-2009, 07:59 PM
:love: :love: Newt is gorgeous :love: :love:

hellsdarkrose
21-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Happy Birthday Liz

Little Newt is such a cutie. Vibes for the vets visit.

bunny babe
21-10-2009, 08:36 PM
:love::love::love: Oh my, what a cutie. I hope it goes well at the vets on Thursday.

You couldn't wish for a nicer 40th birthday present from Steve ;)

Hugo's There
21-10-2009, 08:59 PM
We have had him out exercising on the floor for an hour and heis like a different bunny to yesterday. I think the journey had really taken it out of him as he couldn't walk at all, but tonight I couldn't keep up with him :shock::lol: He has major mobility problems and he still falls regularly and can't get up himself but he can certainly get about at speed when he wants to :D

I have taken some film of him but it is mainly him going out of shot :lol::lol:

I am much more optimistic about tomorrows vet visit now :D

louise and Gus
21-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh thats great :) What time is your appointment? (so I know when to sneak on at work for updates ;) )

angeleyes
21-10-2009, 09:02 PM
We have had him out exercising on the floor for an hour and heis like a different bunny to yesterday. I think the journey had really taken it out of him as he couldn't walk at all, but tonight I couldn't keep up with him :shock::lol: He has major mobility problems and he still falls regularly and can't get up himself but he can certainly get about at speed when he wants to :D

I have taken some film of him but it is mainly him going out of shot :lol::lol:

I am much more optimistic about tomorrows vet visit now :D

Yay thats great to hear Liz he really is adorable, i hope he will be available for sponsorship soon ;) x

Michelleox
21-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Yay! Come on little man:love:

Hugo's There
21-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Oh thats great :) What time is your appointment? (so I know when to sneak on at work for updates ;) )

Appointment is 9.50am so should know something quite early on in the day :wave:

yes when we have a bit more info he will be up for sponsorship. I thought you would like him Katie, he reminds me a bit of Geordie :love: I did describe him today as a negative of Geordie. One thing is certain if he is a boy he will not be put through a castration, we learnt our lesson the hard way there :(

rabshan
21-10-2009, 09:12 PM
OMG:shock:what a little cutie pie:love::love:so pleased that he has perked up now he is safe with you:)oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY fellow LIBRA(it was mine yesterday):D
I love black bunnies:love:hope that all goes well at the vet,s:)

Kermit
22-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Hope its good news at the Vets.

Ill check on later for updates :)

Hugo's There
22-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Fairly good news from the vets :D

She thinks he is around 5 weeks but as she doesn't see that many baby buns found it hard to say for certain. We both agreed he is more likely to be a boy, we shall wait and see ;)

As we suspected his front leg is birth defect that he hes learnt to cope with quite well. We are still not sure about his back end, it could be that it is fine and he is just trying to learn to balance because of his front deformity, it could be neurological or there might be a problem in his legs. It is just too early to say and at this young age we cannot put him through much to find a definate answer.

All we can do is wait and see how his disability affects him as he grows. If investigation is needed at a later date we will make sure he has it, until then we will just monitor him carefully and make sure he is enjoying life the best he can :)

He is literally coming on in leaps and bounds :lol: Although we do have to watch him like a hawk. Last night I found him stuck on his back and unable to get up, he had obviously been like for a tiny while as he had stopped struggling :( and this morning he lept across the cage to see me and fell head first into his water bowl. Luckily I had him out in a second, dried him off and he was quite happy again. When he is a little bigger we can give him a water bottle but he can't reach one yet:love:

So all in all it has been a positive morning for little Newt :love:

biscuitblossom
22-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Bless him...thats brilliant news.

tigerangel
22-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Oh what good news! :D I'm so pleased for this little boy! (even though it's not 100% sure he is a boy :lol:)

joey&bugys 2007
22-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Ah bless him :love::love:

He really has ended up in the perfect place for him xx

VikkiVet
WOW! just caught up with all this (thanks for message!). He's really adorable, and i love the name! :love::love:

I hope the back-end thing is just compensating for the front, and as he grows he can develop some better muscle tone to help him get around. If he's from a garden centre he might never have had enough space or opportunity to get up any speed etc so he's still learning to balance with that stuff.

You can always send Super Timmy to rescue him when he falls over....

Michelleox
Yay:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hugo's There
22-10-2009, 11:43 AM
WOW! just caught up with all this (thanks for message!). He's really adorable, and i love the name! :love::love:

I hope the back-end thing is just compensating for the front, and as he grows he can develop some better muscle tone to help him get around. If he's from a garden centre he might never have had enough space or opportunity to get up any speed etc so he's still learning to balance with that stuff.

You can always send Super Timmy to rescue him when he falls over....

Brilliant :lol::lol:

As you say it is just a case of wait and see, he is far too young for anyone to really know whats going on. Hopefully he will grow stronger and improve but there is always the chance that the additional weight as he grows will cause more problems :?

bunny babe
22-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Sounds positive at the moment, hope it continues to be that way. He sounds a right little character.:love:

MissMinnie
22-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Good news for the little mite.

prettylupin
22-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Only just seen this thread! Wow what a gorgeous little bunny wabbit.... am so pleased he has found his way to the perfect forever home with the people who will try to meet his every need! :D Wonderful to hear the daily progress he is making :)

Happy Birthday for yesterday! I'm sorry I missed that. :oops::wave:

angeleyes
22-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Appointment is 9.50am so should know something quite early on in the day :wave:

yes when we have a bit more info he will be up for sponsorship. I thought you would like him Katie, he reminds me a bit of Geordie :love: I did describe him today as a negative of Geordie. One thing is certain if he is a boy he will not be put through a castration, we learnt our lesson the hard way there :(

He reminds me of Geordie too but i didn't like to say anything, i am so glad hhe has found you Liz :love:

angeleyes
22-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Fairly good news from the vets :D

She thinks he is around 5 weeks but as she doesn't see that many baby buns found it hard to say for certain. We both agreed he is more likely to be a boy, we shall wait and see ;)

As we suspected his front leg is birth defect that he hes learnt to cope with quite well. We are still not sure about his back end, it could be that it is fine and he is just trying to learn to balance because of his front deformity, it could be neurological or there might be a problem in his legs. It is just too early to say and at this young age we cannot put him through much to find a definate answer.

All we can do is wait and see how his disability affects him as he grows. If investigation is needed at a later date we will make sure he has it, until then we will just monitor him carefully and make sure he is enjoying life the best he can :)

He is literally coming on in leaps and bounds :lol: Although we do have to watch him like a hawk. Last night I found him stuck on his back and unable to get up, he had obviously been like for a tiny while as he had stopped struggling :( and this morning he lept across the cage to see me and fell head first into his water bowl. Luckily I had him out in a second, dried him off and he was quite happy again. When he is a little bigger we can give him a water bottle but he can't reach one yet:love:

So glad it was good news, can we have more pics please :love: :love: :love:

Starlight
22-10-2009, 09:10 PM

I second this :love:

Will he be up for sponsoring? :D

capel
22-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm so pleased to hear that things seem a bit more positive.:D

ilovemybuns
22-10-2009, 09:14 PM
awwh thats fab news xx

Natalie83
22-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Oh bless his little heart, he's going to be so happy with you, you are doing a wonderful job! xx

KarenM
22-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm so pleased to hear it was positive news at the vets. :love::love:

Tinsel
22-10-2009, 09:42 PM
this morning he lept across the cage to see me and fell head first into his water bowl. Luckily I had him out in a second, dried him off and he was quite happy again. When he is a little bigger we can give him a water bottle but he can't reach one yet:love:

*shakes head* you named him Newt; what did you expect? ;):lol::lol::lol:

Jaysmonkey
22-10-2009, 10:04 PM
wonderful news!:D

Hugo's There
22-10-2009, 10:05 PM
I second this :love:

Will he be up for sponsoring? :D

Yes, he is :wave:

Hugo's There
22-10-2009, 10:06 PM

I have taken some film of him, hopefully Steve can sort it out for me, I haven't a clue how to do it :oops:

helgalush
22-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I am very late at catching up with this thread, but I am so glad to hear things are going well, and so lucky that Michelle got him out of the garden centre.

He is so beautiful :love::love: He is very lucky to be with you Liz.

Happy belated birthday. :wave:

parsnipbun
22-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Any chance it could be ec? I have one who I hAd from a pet shop who had balance problems and was ec. I took him in to help them out and he is still with me. But obvioussly brain damaged. He is lovely. 3 years old now and acts like a 3 month old!

Hugo's There
23-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Any chance it could be ec? I have one who I hAd from a pet shop who had balance problems and was ec. I took him in to help them out and he is still with me. But obvioussly brain damaged. He is lovely. 3 years old now and acts like a 3 month old!

I did question EC as this was one of my first thoughts, but even if it is he is far to young to give him panacur on the off chance. Once he is a little older he will be getting a course anyway, and if in the future he still has balance problems or displays any other symptoms we will of course look into EC again :)

Michelleox
23-10-2009, 09:45 AM
How is he doing today?:love:

parsnipbun
23-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I did question EC as this was one of my first thoughts, but even if it is he is far to young to give him panacur on the off chance. Once he is a little older he will be getting a course anyway, and if in the future he still has balance problems or displays any other symptoms we will of course look into EC again :)

Yes - we gave panacur at once but he was about 10 weeks and size wise the right weight by then. The EC 'fits' happened once he was in the pet shop and until then had grown normally.

The xxxx petshop had taken him to their vet who had given him steroids and baytril - amazing he survived.

Hugo's There
23-10-2009, 02:28 PM
We worked out he would need less than 0.05ml of panacur, and we cannot be certain of his age so I am going to wait around a month for him to grow :)

Hugo's There
23-10-2009, 05:15 PM
How is he doing today?:love:

Sorry missed this earlier, Newt is fine but rather sleepy today :love: Think he over did it yesterday trying to jump on the back of the sofa :lol: I think Timmy has been sharing his kamikaze moves with him :roll::lol:

louise and Gus
23-10-2009, 05:16 PM
I think Timmy has been sharing his kamikaze moves with him :roll::lol:

Uh-oh!! Give him a snuggle from me :love::love:

Bunnyaddict
23-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Awww bless him Liz, glad things seem positive for gorgeous little Newt :D:D:D:D

Hugo's There
23-10-2009, 08:57 PM
more piccys of Newt here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=3384257#post3384257