• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lola had an emergency Dental this morning!

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
This morning me and my O/H noticed Lola was making an odd nice whilst eating her breakfast. It sounded like when you shake a gravity water bottle. We thought it was maybe something in her oesophogus or gas from the meds I've been giving by a syringe.
She then went on to eat hay and she began squeeling, it sounded like it was rubbing on her teeth.

Rang our vets immediately, but there weren't any vets in until 9am. So they gave us a ring back and were told to go in for a check-up. Unfortunately for me it's a Tuesday so I had to go to Uni for labs today :evil:.

So my O/H took precious little Loli-bum on his own. Turns out shes lost weight 150g to be precise, but she had still be eating and the dreaded right Molar had spurred into her cheek :(.

So she went in for an emergency dental, General anisthetic and all. I was a right state at Uni, couldn't stop crying:oops:. Even rang my mum to tell her and she started crying. I couldn't come home because it was Labs today which is a compulsory part of the course and if I miss them I fail the year!:evil:

So poor Lola has been without her Mummy :(. My O/H rang the vets at 2pm and she'd been operated on and had come around. We will be picking her up at 4.50pm, I so excited to hold my baby again. I just know she's going to beat me up when she gets back home! :lol:

Oh you poor things. I haven't had to deal with dental problems before but I know what it's like to anxiously wait all day to find out how your precious bun is doing.

She'll be groggy I'm sure but will be very happy to be home with you - and she'll feel much better to be eating more comfortably in the future.

Bless her. :love:

Aww hope she isn't too sore:(

Going to pick Feegal up from his dental at 6.50, nothing as dramatic as yours just a damp chin:)

Good luck:wave:

Thanks guys,

Right she's back. Abit grouchy, but the first thing she did was wee :thumb:, she wouldn't eat her veges though, but ate a treat-um :roll:!

So she had alot wrong with her molars apparently. Three (one was very large) were ingrowing into her cheek, two in towards her tongue, she also has a cavity between two of her teeth and no lower right molars:?!
Bless her, just hope she'll nom some of the tasty veges I've put out soon!

Hope Feegal is ok! :wave:

aww bless, its not nice when teeth misbehave, im glad shes home, give her lots of love & cuddles, im sure she will be fine in a day or two :love:

Thanks guys,

Right she's back. Abit grouchy, but the first thing she did was wee :thumb:, she wouldn't eat her veges though, but ate a treat-um :roll:!

So she had alot wrong with her molars apparently. Three (one was very large) were ingrowing into her cheek, two in towards her tongue, she also has a cavity between two of her teeth and no lower right molars:?!
Bless her, just hope she'll nom some of the tasty veges I've put out soon!

Hope Feegal is ok! :wave:

:shock:poor girl. Where did her teeth go?!

Glad she is eating so soon:D Probably feels quite relieved now and will put on the lost weight in no time. Fingers crossed:D

:shock:poor girl. Where did her teeth go?!

Glad she is eating so soon:D Probably feels quite relieved now and will put on the lost weight in no time. Fingers crossed:D

Thanks!

:shock: I'm unaware of where her teeth ran off to! :( Perhaps they never grew? :?
Poor bunny :(, she's definately happy to be home, less grouchy now more mischeivous and beating me up! :lol:

Back