• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi - the next step?

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Ok - Suki's last lump fell off overnight (she's still on baytril & metacam)
What should I expect next? She's had it since 18th Sept

Also, her jab is due next week (it will be 6mths since April jab)- obviously I can't have her vacs while she's ill - how long should I wait:?

Do the nodules simply fall off?
This is interesting!
Will a bun ever look the same as it did before?
Hoping for a nice quick recovery for you bun.
Xxxxxx

sorry - I seem to have missed this.

After the last lump falls off, if the skin underneath is healthy, really the bun usually is all clear.

The only problem that might remain is if they have had nasal scarring or nasal congestion (i am taking it that lungs were not affected?)

One the last lumps were off Viola Rose, and we saw that the skin underneath was healthy, we stopped all meds other than those for her nasal congestion that she still had .

they tend to still have 'scars' for ever afterwards if the lumps were bad - Damson stil had scars 6 years on!

My vets say that after having myxi the bun will be immune for about a year - I usually wait at least 6 mths before giving them another myxi vac.

If they are due their VHD jabs I am not sure what to do as obviously need to be healthy to have them.

It might be an idea to continue giving something like ACE (high vitamin supplement powder) on the food t help the immune system and healing skin.

You can also use tea tree ointment for the skin if it looks red and sore.

After the last lump falls off, if the skin underneath is healthy, really the bun usually is all clear.

The only problem that might remain is if they have had nasal scarring or nasal congestion (i am taking it that lungs were not affected?)

One the last lumps were off Viola Rose, and we saw that the skin underneath was healthy, we stopped all meds other than those for her nasal congestion that she still had .

they tend to still have 'scars' for ever afterwards if the lumps were bad - Damson stil had scars 6 years on!

My vets say that after having myxi the bun will be immune for about a year - I usually wait at least 6 mths before giving them another myxi vac.

If they are due their VHD jabs I am not sure what to do as obviously need to be healthy to have them.

It might be an idea to continue giving something like ACE (high vitamin supplement powder) on the food t help the immune system and healing skin.

That's brill, thanks

Her nose kind of dips in now, but looks healthy skin - it was her last lump. Her lungs haven't been affected, & her eyes WERE clear for a while, but her left looks a bit runny this morning. Have restarted the F-whatever-ointment & will get back in at the vets.

I've been giving Bio-lapis - is that ok? Or should I change to what you suggested?

I've only been doing annual VHD so she's 6 months into that now too.

no idea about immunity thing, and not sure about when next vaccs should be given but i agree bun will prob have scarring from the lumps, and when chelsea had it she had nodules at her tear ducts which left scar tissue on the one eye meaning she constantly has a weeping eye even though she is now better, she has to have her eye bathed daily you may find something like this or parsnip buns reference to nasal scar tissue remains, it really depends on the bunny, think it was just when chelseas next myxi was due that we gave her her jab but i could be wrong best consult your vet on that one? i think the vits might be a good idea too as suggessted, x

That's brill, thanks

Her nose kind of dips in now, but looks healthy skin - it was her last lump. Her lungs haven't been affected, & her eyes WERE clear for a while, but her left looks a bit runny this morning. Have restarted the F-whatever-ointment & will get back in at the vets.

I've been giving Bio-lapis - is that ok? Or should I change to what you suggested?

I've only been doing annual VHD so she's 6 months into that now too.

annual vhd is normal dont give it sooner. its only yxi jab that can be given every 6 months xx

Back