• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding 2 females?

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
IF and it is a big If.my other buns are clear for myxi in 3 weeks time we would like to bond my single girl with storms widow.I have not bonded 2 girls before and am wondering how to go about it and what are the chances of it working??

I wouldn't say it's impossible! Like any bonding, it would depend on the buns personalities but I would say you have a difficult task on your hands if you decide to go for it! :wave:

To be honest, its not any different from any other bonding. Any bonding can be easy, or tough, it depends on the personalities.

I currently have a trio with two ladies and a man, and the ladies were bonded first, and I had a trio that was two ladies and a man (one of the ladies died in June), and both ladies were dominant, but because neither was particularly feisty (they both just thought they were Queen) they figured it out without fights (just some chasing), and became really, really close friends.

I also had a quad that was three girlies and a guy. It did disband when one girlie got ill but whilst that bond was a challenge, it was doable.

Just be ready and prepared with a variety of different strategies so that if something fails first time round then you have other options to try.

I have only ever bonded 2 adult unrelated Does. I think it does very much depend the the individual Rabbit's personalities.
Having other Rabbits within sight/smell of them will also make things more difficult.

If you have neutral territory away from other Rabbits and you feel that from knowing each Doe's personality they might get along then you could certainly try. If you do I'd attempt it during the winter months. Even spayed Does are effected by 'Spring Fever' and they may be more temperamental at that time of year.

I hope its possible as Oreo we got to be Sootys friend is now female!!

So now i have 2 little girls to bond instead of 1 of each :?

Back