• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foster home...can anyone help? *URGENT NOW!* U'D POST 26

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
I have just had a phone call from someone I know who has 2 giant rabbits.

She had just split up with her boyfriend and she has to move out of the flat as he owns it and wants her out. She has found a room to rent but she is not allowed to take the rabbits yet.

Her ex is threatening to take them to Pets at Home! :shock::evil:

Can anyone local to my area offer a foster home with the view that she will take them back in 6 months or so when she is more settled?

Many thanks

xxx

Last edited:
I have to wait 3 weeks to make sure my other buns dont have myxi.if all clear we could help.

I'd wait a bit longer - if you have myxi in your area, new buns will be at risk even if you have no currently-ill buns there. I had a bout in June & then again in Sept

I hope you find someone to foster the buns. Would a local rabbit rescue be willing to take them on as fosters if she's having trouble?

PLEASE can ANYONE help with this?

Her ex is now threatening to split the pair of bunnies up and says he has someone coming to pick the male up on Saturday.

I have met these bunnies (in fact, it was Paul and I who bonded them) and I know for a fact that splitting them up would be such an awful thing to do to them :cry:

If anyone can help, please reply on here or PM me.

Thank you. x

Why not put them in holiday boarding? Even if it's just for a few weeks until somewhere temporary is sorted.

I really hope you can find somewhere for them. I would love to help but I have nowhere to put them.

Have they had their vaccinations? Im not very local but if no-one else could help i might be able to take them for abit, but id really have to be last resort as dont want to stress my four out. There has to be a local rescue that would know a fosterer?

Is there ANY way you could take them?! Even if it's only until you can find a different fosterer. :(

Can you not take them temporarily to "save" them and then try and arrange something on here. Its very last minute to try and find a foster home with someone on here today.

:shock: How awful, why is he being such an **** hole about it?! Why can't she put them into holiday accomodation as previously said while she sorts out a long term foster? He is trying to hurt her through hurting the rabbits isn't he ? I think she should put her foot down and get them out to a safe holiday home for a couple of weeks, hopefully she could sort a more suitable foster home within that time.:evil:

Can you not take them temporarily to "save" them and then try and arrange something on here. Its very last minute to try and find a foster home with someone on here today.

I will do this if needs be. I will NOT let them be split up so, if I can find no other solution, they will come to us.

:wave::D Awww she is lucky to have such a good friend to help with what must already be quite an upsetting time-that bloke sounds like a **** maybe she is better off out of it !

Back