• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandelion Request!

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Bit of a strange question.

Autumn, when being fussy with her eating, has never once turnt down dandelions. However now, i am almost out of them!!

So if anyone has a supply of them in their garden, could they send some in the post for poorly Autumn?!

I managed to find dried dandelion when Jess was ill and she enjoyed it. Sorry I can't remember who did it though. Have you tried spinach, mine seem to find it a good alternative when feeling poorly.

Yes she likes this most times as well (need to go stock up again tomorrow :lol:) But with dandelion, she has your fingers off! :shock:

They might be a bit wilted by the time post delivers them. I've got some bags of Burns dried dandelion if thats any help

Sooty was the same after her spay - dandelion was all she would eat..

I think i had picked every dandelion within a 5 mile radius :lol:

has anyone else noticed a dandelion shortage? usually my garden is overgrown with the stuff, but there has been very little this year. i noticed a few fresh leaves a couple of days ago and i'm giving them time...

BUMPING this up for Autumn! Myxi buns need a constant supply of dandelions. Perhaps someone local could drop some off? :wave:

If you are going to post them then I would recommend drying them in your oven on very low first for an hour so they extract some of the water and they shouldn't then wilt or go mouldy in the post - esp with postal strikes.

If I had any I would send some!

have just packaged up and sent selection of goodies - not many dandelions as most have mildew at present due to dry weather - but have put in sow thistle, apple leaves, cranesbill leaves, dead nettle leaf and flower, raspberry leaves (don't worry that some of these are slightly yellow they are beginning to change colour for autumn), golden rod leaves, and a couple of other things.

By my bunnies estimation I have given you enough to last about 2 minutes . . . but could hardly stuff it all in the A4 envelope.

Sent 1st class this minute and picked minutes ago, and ut in sealed plastic bag, so should reach you tomorrow morning still quite fresh.

Can you get willow leaves where you are? (I am suspecting answer is no).

when you see what I have sent I think you may be surprised at the fact that this lasts one of my buns 2 mins!

They get about 5 times that a day each. In fact have just worked out that I collect about 5kilos of weeds a day!!! I mean thats a lot in volume - raspberry leaves don't exactly weigh much!!!

has anyone else noticed a dandelion shortage? usually my garden is overgrown with the stuff, but there has been very little this year. i noticed a few fresh leaves a couple of days ago and i'm giving them time...

I'm so glad you say that - I've been after fresh dandelion and looking for it like a mad woman all summer!!!!! I've still yet to come across anything half decent!

Let me have a look in my garden and I'll let you know if I have got any.

Edit: I am at work so will look later on for you!

Back