• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanted - Bonded Bunnies

heffalump13a

Young Bun
Ok - so I admit defeat - have had two lots of buns from breeders, both sets succumbed to Myxi. After several discussions on here it appears that the general opinion is to go to a Rabbit Rescue, and adopt bunnies that have had their jabs for a while so have had time to build proper immunity. Have great outdoor set up for bunnies (6 by 4 two tier shed with 24 hr access to 8 by 5 by 3 run). However, as I am slightly more cautious, I intend to house them indoors for the short term, until I can feel confident again that they will be safe in the "elements". Indoor facility will be X-large dog crate with rabbit pen attached while they are unsupervised, free-range when they are.

I am now looking for bonded bunnies, approximately a year (ish) old that have definitely, without exception, had their vaccinations. Does anyone know of anywhere that I can begin to make enquiries?

(Was tempted by a single bun in PAH but was put off for two reasons; he was 14 months old and never been vaccinated and comments about PAH on here)

oooh yes - Starlight has some lovely buns needing homes. and its not TOO far for a bunny run.

and she could really do with some good news !

Have you looked on Rabbit Rehome or Rabbits in Need, http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

You can search for rescues that are near to you, or type of breed of rabbit. Some rescues will rehome outside their area and bunnyruns can be arranged.

Also rescues will normally help with bonding if you see two singles.

Good luck in your search:D

Back