• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't normally ask but can i please have some vibes for Phillip

Tina D

Warren Scout
I don't normally ask for vibes but my boy is really poorly right now. He had a jaw abcess removed on Friday and seems to be really down with all the stuff i have to do to him (metacam, depocillin and flushing his wound with saline a few times a day). He is refusing to eat and his mood seems to be making my girl bun, Jenny, go off of her food too. I am very worried at the moment and am waiting for the vets to call me back, please send lots of "get well" vibes for him :(

Lots of vibes for Phillip. :):wave:

(Try and keep as calm as possible, I know it is so hard when we are worried about our poorly buns :( I expect Jenny senses your anxiety as much as her concern for her bunny friend)

Thank you so much. I am really trying to keep calm but it is really hard :( I am in tears at the moment (not good as i am in work), The vet has just called me back and wants to see him in an hour (luckily i don't live that far from work). I am hoping and praying that he will be ok

Aww i'm sorry if I upset you. I didn't realise you were at work :oops::( I was just trying to say be brave, sorry :oops:

I hope you get some good news from the vet. Have you discussed packing the wound with anything daily? I know some people find Manuka honey very helpful. Lots of vibes x

Poor boy :cry:

Do check with the Vet that he/she is aware of the (relatively) new dose ranges for Metacam. It is in the latest Veterinary Drugs Formulary. The highest dose is now 0.6mg/kg/day.

Also, he may benefit from having an opiate analgesic too as I expect he has quite a bit of pain just now.

Sending lots of vibes for him

xx

Aww i'm sorry if I upset you. I didn't realise you were at work I was just trying to say be brave, sorry

No, no, it wasn't you that upset me. I am just very stressed with it all and was just worrying that the vet wanted me to come in straight away-although that is totally the best thing and at least my vet is willing to see him now (he was fully booked but is seeing him after the morning appointments have finished).

I will tell him about the metacam Jacks-jane, thanks. He is on 0.5ml twice a day and weighs just over 2kg. He stitched in some antibiotic thingy and has put in some sort of dressing with silver impregnated in it and has a little "dot" of silver stuff. It is only a little square of dressing (it's not like the wound is packed full or anything) and i have to flush with the saline to clean inside the wound and to keep this dressing moist

I am going to go in a sec and will let you all know how it goes x

I have just got back. The vet gave him injections of painkiller B12 and something begining with "M" to stimulate his gut. The vet nurse helped me give him some critical care (i always struggle but she has shown me an easier way of doing it) so he at least has something in his stomach. I am going to do a couple of hours here and then go home to make sure he is ok (otherwise i would have sat watching him all day, which he hates!!). If he hasn't eaten anything when i get home, i will give him more critical care and see how he goes. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he eats something before i get home xx

Back