• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snuffles!!

Devilish1978

New Kit
Hello there..

Ive read through a couple of threads about Snuffles to see if any of it relates to my rabbit - bailey.

He had snuffles, sneezing and mucas from his nose he was treated with 0.8ml anti biotics twice daily for 2 weeks and seems to have perked up a bit since then but im still worried about him as he seems to be pooing quite alot more than normal, not as michevious and active as he was now, he just sits all day long - im not sure if he's depressed? Ive tried toys with him to break his boredom but he just doesn't seem intrested. If i let him out he seems to go back to his michevious self and enjoys himself but when hes back in his hutch he goes all sulky and depressed again...im just unsure what to do??:?

Does Bailey live with another rabbit at all? Could there maybe be a new smell in the area that he's a little frightened of maybe?

Hello there..

Ive read through a couple of threads about Snuffles to see if any of it relates to my rabbit - bailey.

He had snuffles, sneezing and mucas from his nose he was treated with 0.8ml anti biotics twice daily for 2 weeks and seems to have perked up a bit since then but im still worried about him as he seems to be pooing quite alot more than normal, not as michevious and active as he was now, he just sits all day long - im not sure if he's depressed? Ive tried toys with him to break his boredom but he just doesn't seem intrested. If i let him out he seems to go back to his michevious self and enjoys himself but when hes back in his hutch he goes all sulky and depressed again...im just unsure what to do??:?

No, hes on his own...

I did have 2 other rabbits in seperate hutchs - both girls and baileys a boy ans when i used to let him out i put one of the girls in a rabbit run but they used to always be together sniffin each other etc. Since she's gone he's been really quiet, moping around and when i let him out he always goes over to the spot where i let kayleigh out and sniffs about.

May be he's abit lonely. Rabbits likes to be around with other rabbits or has constant human attention.

Can he live indoors so he can interact with you more.

No, my partners allergic so thats not possible.

I was thinking about getting another small female rabbit in a seperate cage or put another male in with him but im not sure how he'll react.

Back