• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter Playhouse for Daisy

pudding777

Alpha Buck
IMG]http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt121/pudding777/027.jpg[/IMG]
My Hubby busy in the Garden with Daisy's new winter home
029.jpg
We've insulated the Lollipop Playhouse, we have to install catflap and the interior etc etc etc
029.jpg

Even my 3 year old is excited
002.jpg

Daisy is still very shy, had her (and Bluebell but lost her end of Aug) since 10th August, she's about 5 to 6 years old.

018.jpg

Should be finished this week
;):wave:

020.jpg

Compoments??:D

The Small Run which we are attaching to the Loillipop Playhouse came from her last home, then we have attached a 6 x 5 run onto the grass, in the summer we want to extend it down to my patio door, (another 15 foot)
My Dad's comimg to help put the cat flap in tomorrow, and I've managed to get one of those Solar shed lights from Maplins.:)
Hopefully Daisy 'might' warm to me a bit more once I can sit with her in the playhouse, she is very shy. Her last owner gave them attention for the first few years of their life, but lost interest. I just want sure make sure she's as happy as I can make her now.
I dont know if anyone read my previous thread about finding her a new husband friend and get her neutered, but the vet said she wouldnt want to do it as she thought Daisy was too thin and also she had some health issues going on. ???
Well at her latest health check-up she's gone from 1.7, to 1.8kg, so happy:) Good sign?
She's eating so well now.

Awwww its lovely:) What did you insulate it with? Also did you just lay the slabs on sand?

Dad brought down some insulation he did his Avairy with, looked like loft insulation to me. We also put in some polystyrene insulation sheets and covered them with ply board. And Polystyrene on the ceiling. Haven't done anything with the floor though. I'm gonna put lino and carpet in there so hopefully be ok?

I have layed the slabs on builders sand, that's what the Playhouse instructions told me to lay it on? Well. I'm sure my Dad will put me right if we've done it wrong. Good job we've got a 'proper' DIYer in the famly, as we haven't got a clue :?

Dad brought down some insulation he did his Avairy with, looked like loft insulation to me. We also put in some polystyrene insulation sheets and covered them with ply board. And Polystyrene on the ceiling. Haven't done anything with the floor though. I'm gonna put lino and carpet in there so hopefully be ok?

I have layed the slabs on builders sand, that's what the Playhouse instructions told me to lay it on? Well. I'm sure my Dad will put me right if we've done it wrong. Good job we've got a 'proper' DIYer in the famly, as we haven't got a clue :?

Thanks im laying some slabs next week (well o/h is:lol:) We got told yo just lay them on sharp sand:)

Bluebell, Willow, Casper, Autumn, Bailey and Bracken want directions - apparently they want to live with you?! :shock::lol:

Back