• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny weights please

kaths101

Warren Veteran
My OH said Sooty looks like she had lost weight, but as I had never weighed her :oops: I dont know.

She happily sat on the scales for me and she is 2.36kgs / 5lbs, shes 6 months and a dwarf lop? i know you cant go by description but just wondered if that is in range - obviously I will keep a eye on it now i know her weight.. I think she has just lost some of her baby weight, and I have cut down on pellets - she gets Vegetables in the morning, hay all day and half a cup of pellets a day at bed time - does that sound enough..

How much do your buns weigh for their ages??

All rabbits are different and the weight a dwarf lop should be is based on show criteria, so will differ with and from the average rabbit. What you need to be looking at more if your bun and if she looks healthy, is her spine protrudes, things like that.

If you think your bun has lost weight then you need to monitor her intake and her weight (weighing her weekly maybe), and also think about a vet check because there can be a variety of reasons for weight loss.

Does she get unlimited hay?

All rabbits are different and the weight a dwarf lop should be is based on show criteria, so will differ with and from the average rabbit. What you need to be looking at more if your bun and if she looks healthy, is her spine protrudes, things like that.

If you think your bun has lost weight then you need to monitor her intake and her weight (weighing her weekly maybe), and also think about a vet check because there can be a variety of reasons for weight loss.

Does she get unlimited hay?

Yes she has hay available all day ahe does eat it - especially this time of night she eats quite a lot...

Will weigh her next week - thanks x

Lola is a dwarf lop, she's 3 and a half years old and weighs 2.7kg, hope that helps, afaik dwarf lops are fully grown around 9months.

According to this link: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/breeds.asp a dwarf lop should weigh 2-2.5kg.

My vet said dwarf lop range was 2.5kg to 3kg. So i thought Lola wasn't overweight, now I'm unsure :oops:

Jemimah I can't get her to sit still to weigh her atm, she's a lionhead though and is teeny.

Brian well he's almost 5.5months and doesn't seem to be growing, only thing changing is his head shape :shock:, not sure of his weight either. Will update when i manage to get it!

Lenny is a fidget too :evil:

Last edited:
I have 2 dwarf lops, one weighs 2.2kg, the other 2.5kg :) You bunny sounds a healthy weight for a dwarf lop. However, i would suggest you weigh her this time next week, if she has lost weight there may be many reasons.

What does her diet consist of? xXx

Whilst buns may be a particular breed there will always been differences in in length and physique, which means that there will be differences in what is healthy for one rabbit versus another.

If your rabbit is healthy, then that's fine, don't try and make it fit into a category because that's unlikely to make it healthy. If you base it on your own specific rabbit then that should help you find the perfect weight for your bun.

I have 2 dwarf lops, one weighs 2.2kg, the other 2.5kg :) You bunny sounds a healthy weight for a dwarf lop. However, i would suggest you weigh her this time next week, if she has lost weight there may be many reasons.

What does her diet consist of? xXx

she gets Vegetables in the morning (cabbage, carrot, herbs etc), hay all day and half a cup of pellets a day at bed time

My adult mixed breed bunnies are 2.3kg and 2.8kg.

It does vary hugely between bunnies though and weight loss can be hard to pick up on when you're around the bun every day. Do you have some older photos of her that you could look at to compare?

Back