• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis - recipe ideas for syringe feeding

Shel

Warren Scout
I have been battling to get one of my foster bun Buffy to eat for over a week now. She has not responded to ordinary medication, massage or even accupunture yet! So we have continued to syringe feed her every couple of hours. Well I ran out of rescue so have made my own and thought I would share:

1/2 Fresh Pineapple - (as i suspect a hair ball caused this bout)
Parsley, dandelion and Grass a good handful of each.
Avi Pro - 2 scoops
5 big handfuls of science selective
a small amount of water to get a smooth consistancy

Wizz up in a blender

Not sure if it works yet but Buffy is certainly prefering the flavour....she is not fighting the syringe feed at all.

Anyone else got any good ideas for ingrediants?

Sounds delish (although i wouldn't personally use so much pineapple, because of the sugar, although I know some people swear buy it).
I used a mixture of her normal pellets and fine porridge oats with a bit of protexin bio-lapis for Tippex Porkychicken when she was poorly, as she hates recovery.
I hope Buffy feels better soon. What meds is she having?

Sounds delish (although i wouldn't personally use so much pineapple, because of the sugar, although I know some people swear buy it).
I used a mixture of her normal pellets and fine porridge oats with a bit of protexin bio-lapis for Tippex Porkychicken when she was poorly, as she hates recovery.
I hope Buffy feels better soon. What meds is she having?

Wouldn't usually use so much pineapple but if u could see the bun I just bonded her with I am sure it's hair. Fresh pineapple is much better than juice for hair balls so I've been told.
She has had lots of metaclop and cicapride, Zantac and metacam inj but is still not interested in eating. She was a bit gassy yesterday so I gave her infacol too.
She was more interested in the mixture I offered her today then the usual recovery stuff.
Just think it would be useful to get ideas for this together as so many rabbits are going into stasis at the mo.
Will be adding oats to the next batch

I would add in some blackberry leaves if you can get hold of some, and remove any small barbs/thorns from underneath :D They are realy good for the gut

holland and barret do bromolain tables which cuts down on the sugar.

Last edited:
Back