• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Destructabun!! U/D strikes again!!

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday when Beau came into our bedroom for his morning snuggle he felt awfully cold, so later on we went to P@H to get him something snuggly to sleep in (don't worry, ours didn't have a cat in it):
pudding.jpg

Have got up this morning to find a huge hole in it and stuffing everywhere!!

Firstly, I'm tempted to take it back, as it clearly isn't fit for purpose if it's that easy to pull apart! What chance do you think I have? I'm really annoyed as it was £20, you'd expect it to be more robust for that price!

Secondly, this means we still have the problem of a chilly bunny. I want to give him something snuggly, but everything we've tried he's destroyed! Any suggestions? I suppose vetbed is the best idea, but I really wanted something with a roof to keep him warm.

Last edited:
I was going to buy one fot hese for my buns, glad I didn't know. I ended up buying a boutique pink large pets! It was reduced to £16.99 from £34.99, and there's not even a dent in it, my rabbit normally shred beds to bits but this one seems really durable.

I hope you can sort this out, obviously its not up to standard! :(

I'll get you a piccy when i find my camera >.<

Last edited:
I was going to buy one fot hese for my buns, glad I didn't know. I ended up buying a boutique pink large pets! It was reduced to £16.99 from £34.99, and there's not even a dent in it, my rabbit normally shred beds to bits but this one seems really durable.

I hope you can sort this out, obviously its not up to standard! :(

which one is that? can't seem to find it on the website. Do you have a pic? I don't mind spending a bit more if it's gonna last! (although don't think OH would be happy with the pink!)

ETA: This one?
http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-boutique+bed/product-is-V00545

This is fairly cheap, dunno what size it is though http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-6+small+pets/category-is-6A+Bedding/product-is-20331

I must admit though, i stick to vetbed these days.

That looks simialr in construction to the one he's just destroyed! The thing is though, these items are built to house animals, surely, they should be at least a little animal proof? I mean it says "check item regularly for signs of wear and tear and replace as appropriate" - surely that shouldn't be daily!

Realised my Camera is in Manchester :evil:, will be going back there tonight, so will post a pic when I get back!

That looks simialr in construction to the one he's just destroyed! The thing is though, these items are built to house animals, surely, they should be at least a little animal proof? I mean it says "check item regularly for signs of wear and tear and replace as appropriate" - surely that shouldn't be daily!

Well yes, i do agree, they should be a bit more durable.

Not only did we get full refund without any problems, they have taken the bunny pudding off the shelves and informing head office :)

and we have replaced it with the one you suggested jaysmonkey, also 16.99 from 34.99!!

Glad you found it, just got back to Manchester! guess I don't need to post a piccy now!:lol: Well done on the progress with P@H :D

Well..it IS advertised as a cat bed. Never known cats eat their homes like rabbits do.

I use those wooden houses made by Trixie or whoever and stuff them with hay. They've eaten the leg of one so have had to repair that but alternatively just strong cardboard boxes stuffed with hay and maybe a heatpad.

ahh, they only do girly ones at my P@H, glad your little boy bun wasn't forced into a world of pinkness afterall! :lol:

Back