• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Over enthusiastic feeding!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone else have this problem? I nearly loose my arm everytime I put Bella's food down she was actually attached to my dressing gown sleeve this morning :shock: I don't think it's aggression just that she gets so overexcited when she see's the food bowl :shock:

Not only that if the shed is open she will charge out if she hears someone come out and charge their legs all the way to the shed :shock: :lol:

Does anyone else have this problem? I am wondering whether I am feeding enough, I know she is a hungry growing giant but i feed her loads more than I have fed the other rabbits! She even steals food out of Splodge's mouth if I am not watching her!

They have a dog bowl full of veg in the evening and around 150g of excel twice a day topped up with redigrass or chopped hay to fill the bowl up plus unlimited hay in the hayrack (she usually just helps herself to the whoole bag :? )

This sounds like alot to me but is it enough for a growing Conti, she is nearly 6 months old now?

im waiting to see what other people say nala had recently got very hungry to where she is nipping my ankles and clambering up my legs when i pass her food bowl she has unlimited hay and get a dog bowl full of veg a day and 2 sepperate feeding of excell one in morning one in night and shes just not sattisfied....fat conti!! thats all i can say shes a gannit :lol:

urs is only 6months? lol shes 2 and being this way i wonder what has changed maybe the wether... she wants more fat on her bones? i dunno but shes changed shes constantly hungry

Yep, my bun does this too. She headbutts my arm out of the way before I've even put the food bowl down... I'm pretty sure she's not going hungry though :lol:

As long as there's unlimited hay for her munch on, I don't imagine you have to worry :)

Well, Ginger's never aggressive but he's the greediest pet we've ever had, and that's saying something! He's constantly demanding MORE, bless 'im!

Desmond is like this! He bites, head butts etc when its pellet time. Also quite happily steal food from Lolas mouth! :lol:

They have unlimtied hay but he is just a pig!

He comes into the kitchen and sits by the fridge for food too!

Ben is definately like this. You would think he was starving when its time for pellets or veg and I know he isn't. He just eats none stop. Pippin is not like this at all. He will often have some pellets/veg, then leave them and come back for more later. Im def gonna have to watch it when we put these together. Worried Ben will eat Pip's share. OH says Pip will have to learn to eat quickly!!

I'm sooo glad this is not just my 2 buns:), they're like lets see who can eat more in the quickest time :shock:...I watch them to see they get equal share :roll: :shock: ...mouths are going ten to the dozen :lol:

Hope and Faith just faceplant into the bowl. It backfired on them when I put a bowl of water in the hutch the other day. :lol:

He comes into the kitchen and sits by the fridge for food too!
:lol::lol:

Valentine goes one step further...

Valentineinthefridge2.jpg

Rest assured that she didn't actually get her greedy mits on anything! (also our fridge really isn't usually so full of rubbish :oops:)

Back