• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

piddle bun

missy1

New Kit
is there any reason why my bun who is about 5 months old goes to the toilet every time he jumps up on the sofa it doesnt matter if he has gone to the toilet already in his litter tray he does it all the time its getting very frustrating.

is there any reason why my bun who is about 5 months old goes to the toilet every time he jumps up on the sofa it doesnt matter if he has gone to the toilet already in his litter tray he does it all the time its getting very frustrating.

He's marking your sofa as his territory. It's likely to be a hard habit to get him out of as well as you'd have to get it neuralised so he doesn't recognise it as his and he will probably then want to mark it anyway because it's new to him.

Neutering will probably solve the problem but I have heard of neutered rabbits not getting out of this habit. ... that's probably not the answer you'd most like to hear :(

Angel used to do this alllll the time :roll::evil:

It's the territory thing and unfortunately once they've been there it is very hard to stop them going again!!

Back