• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brian's Post Op Check-up.

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
Was today, and didn't really go as planned. For some reason a nurse checked him over instead of a vet, she picked him up (his belly to her chest), I was at the other side of the table. And basically he climbed up her jumped off her shoulder and landed on the floor and she didn't even try and stop him. I couldn't catch because of silly table in way!:cry:

She then picked him, didn't check him over apart from his surgery wound then gave him back. I was devastated. She didn't even apologise.

As soon as I got home, I checked him over, he was running around fine however his mouth was bleeding. We took him straight back, where we were told the vet there had gone home. I had a big stress at said nurse and she told me she would check him again, of course i refused.

I've bathed his mouth now and checked him over completely. The wound fortunately is a minor graze on his bottom lip, he's eating , pooing, weeing and drinking fine too. His plum removal surgery thankfully is healing perfect.

But no matter how many times she said sorry, or thats its the first time it's happened, I couldn't give a monkeys. Gahh! :evil: It shouldn't have happened! :(

My poor ickle bunny :(

Poor little fella!!
If I had been the nurse,I would have been mortified at dropping him!!
Im glad the "Plum" picking went well....and Im glad he wasnt badly hurt.xx

Oh dear, poor Brian and you.

Accidents do happen sadly, but this was handled badly by the nurse. She should have made at least an effort to catch him. You must have felt awful watching the situation and not being able to help!
She also should have given him a full check after the accident, if not by a vet, definatly by her.

I must say, it is a massive reassurence that my vet does all rabbit checks on the floor so they cant jump and fall.

Thanks guys, I'm just thankful he didn't break anything, she was about 5ft 7 so quite a big drop for an ickle bun :(.

Brian has just chomped down a massive carrot, so I have a feeling his mouth isn't hurting him too much, I checked it today and it seems alot better than yesterday!:)

Back