• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered doe nesting

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Exactly how normal is this? Two of my neutered does nest once or twice a year and I found a nest this afternoon that I think Pod has created. It certainly wasn't there this morning! I always thought neutering took away all the hormone-related behaviours but clearly I was wrong.

Last edited:
If any uterine or ovarian tissue was left behind then the Doe may still exhibit hormonal behaviour.
Did the same Vet spay them ?

Wow - bucks nesting! That's one I've never heard of!! They like to keep us on our toes don't they :lol:

Hi, my rex rabbit Bambi was neutered 2yrs ago it didn't change her attitude at all she is still aggressive and growly, we nearly lost her after the op she couldn't eat or drink so for nearly 4 weeks we were giving her loads of medication and oxbow and she pulled through for a while then she started to get blockages in her stomach and had to give her more medication.
A few months ago she had yet another blockage and was put on a drip and more medication and when she perked up from this the vets told me that oh by the way she has a tumour/mass in the stomach and there is nothing they can do so I feel very guilty putting her through that operation in the first place because she had no health issues before the op.:cry:

Back