• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust Free Hay.

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Ohh My Days - I have never had as many splinters in my whole life :shock::lol:

I have got a splinter in EVERY finger except my little finger on my left hand.

I have to wear gloves to put the hay in the buns racks :lol:

I usually buy it in the small hessian sacks. I have to say that some are stuffed so tight that you just can't get the hay out. I now just cut the sack and empty it all into an old megazorb sack. MUCH easier all round. At least you know you're getting value for money - they couldn't squeeze any more hay in there!!!!!

Ohh My Days - I have never had as many splinters in my whole life :shock::lol:

I have got a splinter in EVERY finger except my little finger on my left hand.

I have to wear gloves to put the hay in the buns racks :lol:
Me too:shock:
Two of my fingers have gone infected,it is so painful.

I'm having the same problem with my latest DFH - ouch :shock: I always buy the large hessian sacks and I'm sure this is the first time I've been viciously attacked by splinters every time I put my hand in the bag.

We contacted the DFH people regarding this and this is some of their reply

"Hello Lynne,

Sorry to hear this,it does happen from time to time and I'm afraid it's going to happen a lot this year due to the 3rd bad season in a row.

I have noticed a few "star" thistles in odd bales of this batch of hay,but as reasonable quality hay is so hard to come by this year and this was such nice hay I thought I'd take a chance on it and to be fair I've had no other bad feedback.
Hay is a natural product which is what people want (I think) I'd love to make a claim that there are no thistles etc and would prefer it that way but it may be that the odd Briar has caught from the edge of the row etc which is why I have been unable to do so this year. Hope this helps."

We love DFH here and if all that is wrong is the odd splinter I am more than happy to wear gloves for this years batch :)

Back