• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh my. Another foster. Mega Vibes please. U/D post 18.

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
And this one is at death's door :| She's only here for a week.

I'm not sure she will get that far though. I'm appalled by how she has ended up here. It makes me sad. I'm not even sure I can/should say on here.

Please send vibes this lovely girl makes it. She's such a sweetie.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. She is coming this afternoon. It breaks my heart. She has lost 0.35kg body weight within the last two weeks (gone from 1.9kg to 1.55kg), she has a soft tissue injury on her back left leg, a UTI, looks like she is heading for stasis-due to pain, etc. She is coming here for a week before going back to her new owner (who, in the most dubious sense of the word, has 'rescued' her from where she was). She will be on Metacam and an antibiotic (not sure what one yet, probably Baytril or Septrin).

She will also be on lots of pellets, oats and Nutrical, as well as have 2 water bowls, one with plain water and one with cranberry water. She wll also have a snugglesafe because of the severe weightloss.

She is going to be in a tiny hutch (only 4ft by 1ft) in my porch to a, minimise her movement to help her leg and b, keep her WELL away from mine.

I'm concerned about her bringing something with her (such as active EC), so all precautions will be taken but she will be only here for a week until her owner can take over the intensive care she needs.

She is absolutely a lovely little bun and has an awesome home and two boyfriends there for her if we can just turn her around and head her back to health. If she doesn't make it, then she will die in a warm, comfortable place.

Oh this is horrible. I am SO demoralised by this whole situation. So badly disillusioned too.

I think your amazing Tracy! I could never cope with that sort of thing. Really hope the little one pulls through and finds a loving forever home.

I think your amazing Tracy!

I'm really not, but thank you. Plenty more people do far more and deal with far worse than this. I just hope that this can improve things for her, in whatever sense of the word that means.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

Have you seen her already? If her condition is really bad I'd probably take a risk and try baytril plus a penicillin (the latter by injection as I'm sure you know).

For the GI problems...I've had success in bringing them back from the brink of stasis with a combination of Maxalon, Metacam, simethicone, zantac and fibreplex (provided there is no actual blockage).

Poor little thing.I hope shes got the will to live....its a bloody cruel world.
Paws crossed for her,vibes on the way.xxxx

Got my fingers crossed for you.

Have you seen her already? If her condition is really bad I'd probably take a risk and try baytril plus a penicillin (the latter by injection as I'm sure you know).

For the GI problems...I've had success in bringing them back from the brink of stasis with a combination of Maxalon, Metacam, simethicone, zantac and fibreplex (provided there is no actual blockage).

Yes, I know her really well.

I haven't taken her to the vet, her new owner has (but she also uses my vets), and they feel Baytril is enough. However, we have agreed ( myself and the owner) that if she is not doing wel then I can take her back earlier in the week, so we shall see how she goes.

Metacam does make a difference to her, but without it she is clearly struggling. Hopefully now she is back on it again she will start to thrive more.

Her poos are small, but she is eating and her gut is moving, so I'm hoping that providing loads of yummy hay, pellets and oats will tempt her to eat more, as well grass, and the pain medication will help it all too improve. As will the additional hydration (looking back she may have started to have problems when she was given a water bottle-so she may be dehydrated, which caused the UTI and also potentially the gut issues).

I'll post some photos later. She is such a lovely lady. I truly hope I can make this ok for her.

She's here.

I'm pleasantly surprised. Yesterday her eyes had that deadened look and her fur was dead too.

Today, after having some Metacam and also a long drink her eyes look alive and her coat looks better.

She absolutely stinks of concentrated urine, and her back leg is not right but she has tucked into pellets and looks comfortable.

I'm wondering if she was never able to use a bottle because she has had a bottle since September, not long before her problems started. That might account for the UTI, the fur condition, the gut.

There now seems to be concern that its not her leg that is the problem, but possibly her spine, which, could account for her leg problem and also the lack of cleaning of her back end.

It's a bit of a jigsaw puzzle with all the bits and pieces scattered, so for now we just do all the right things and wait and see. She seems more comfortable, so for now, that's good enough for me. Later we will clean her and also probably Rearguard her (unless she is sore). Fun times for all of us.

Back