• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a foster bunny - with attitude!

Rykat

Mama Doe
Hi all, just wanted to share some exiting news ... I have today taken my first foster bun for the local RSPCA :D

I'm a home checker for them and went to drop off some completed forms today.

As with everwhere, they are inundated with rabbits and I was asked if I had a spare hutch. I said yes and they asked how soon could I take one, I said provided they could lend me a carrier I'd take one there and then so I came home with a gorgeous REW up eared male called Astrix.

He was picked up as a stray but never claimed, and is quite a feisty lad, his age is unknown but he's an adult and such a cheeky chappie. The downside is he's quite territorial and not keen on being stroked (I think he's had negative experience). He'll tolerate it briefly but sits back on his bum with his head up, will let you stroke him then try to bite you! I've only had him since 4pm but he'll happily take food from my hand now :D

Anyway, he's with me for some "taming" and hopefully it won't be long before he finds a home, but if he was a female I'd be keeping him!

I maybe taking another on, a 10/12 month VERY timid lad, but with having dogs it's might be too much for him even though he'll be away from them.

Last edited:
Back