• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it only me who gets fed up of peoples ignorance grr

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Hi:wave: thought I would vent on here as I know you lot will understand but im so fed up of people saying 'they are just rabbits'

My mum especially keeps saying why 'havent I put Sooty and Oreo together yet' (he hasnt been neutered) in the 'they will be fine' type of voice, as in just dump them together in the same run etc etc

Also she keeps saying I should put them outside 'they will be fine' but they have both been indoor rabbits since I got them and she doesnt understand I cant just put them outside!!

Also people saying why do you 'waste' so much money on your rabbits :(

Annoys me as mum has a dog who she absolutlely dotes on and would definielty not leave him outside so whats the difference??
p.s I dont live with her I have my own house and my own rabbits grrr

Thanks - feel better now :lol:

urgh my oh is like this

i spend alot of money on nala but i dont drink or smoke or go out so why work if im just gonna save money lol

and hes always saying "shes a rabbit...y bother!"

same with the horses it can me -4digreese and he says "leave em out there horses man"

whats the point id like to stick him outside in the freezing cold and leave him there ! :lol:

I just had this with a friend who works in a child daycare centre - they have guinea pigs and the boss has waltzed in and said that the guineas need to go outside and when my friend said that it was too cold to throw INDOOR piggies straight out into being outside piggies, the boss said she'd bought a PLASTIC IGLOO and that that was all they needed.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw that. :shock:

People just don't understand how much animals mean to you. You get attached to them.

I've been hearing this for years and it goes in one ear and out the other, I don't give a dam what people say anymore. I just say they are our rabbits, we love them and we are not hurting anybody so :censored:.

Just had that conversation yet again with MIL :roll: Basically she doesn't understand why I NEED 6 bunnies, that I don't get to see them (no, not when I am on hopital visits to see her son), and I should have better things to spend my money on!

I ignored the first one, said actually I do see them, on a night when I sit with them ("what in the dark ???", "well, yeah!") to the second one.

The third one is a bone of contention as I don't pay anything to live in the house, but also feel that I shouldn't be asked to do up their house either. I don't own any part of it, why should I waste my money!!

same for my next door neighbor he once walked in the garden talking to my mam and picked nala up and said "ull make me alot of nice pies" (her being a giant bun and all)

she bit him and ran off b4 he could finish his sentance hehehehe

same for my next door neighbor he once walked in the garden talking to my mam and picked nala up and said "ull make me alot of nice pies" (her being a giant bun and all)

she bit him and ran off b4 he could finish his sentance hehehehe

Smart bunny! :lol:

Ah well that my granda's favourite 'joke'. I turned round the other nigh and asked if he makes those jokes to my dog mad aunty, he went quiet and hasn't said it since

We were in a garden centre the other week and they sold rabbits and we were looking at them and this awful man walked by and really loud he said "They would look better in a pie", my Husband and I just gave him a filthy look.

yeah my brother in law when Im joking saying they have been mischievous or naughty he just says - just put them in the oven at 200 degrees :evil: - really bugs me - ok once i suppose but its all the time and its not funny grrr

Ignorance about animals is my biggest pet peeve. And usually the people who are ignorant won't listen to advice or reason-they'll stubbornly believe the same thing no matter how much you try and convince them.

I hate jokes like "You could make a lot of rabbit stew" or "I hear Pekin ducks are tasty" and stupid stuff like that. Why would someone say that, even as a joke, to someone who obviously cares about their pet?

Only one of my friends actually understands my love for my rabbits, since she feels the same for her dog :lol::lol:, my parents absolutely love the bunnies and my O/H is the bunnies daddy and he loves them to bits.

One of my friends particulary annoyed me when I told her I had house rabbits and she thought I was joking :roll:, she'd never even heard of a rabbit and only thought they could live outside. She then said she was going to get one, obviously she wouldnt have looked after it and I warded her off the idea, thankfully!:evil:

Completely agree, my mate stopped me as soon as I got to work the other day to ask what might be wrong with her bunny as he was all wet round the mouth and wasn't eating. I suggested dental problems and said he really needed to get to a vet straight away, and she said "well i couldn't ring work and say 'sorry, I'm gonna be late, i've got to go to the vet'". WHY THE HELL NOT?! By the evening it might be too late! surely that falls into it being an owners responsibility to get an animal veterinary treatment if necessary. then i said "you wouldn't make your child wait til the evening to see a doctor" and everyone looked at me like I am insane. Sorry, but Beau is like my child, he is the most important things to me after my parents and OH, he is a living thing, not something you can leave til later! aaaaaaaaaaargh! :censored:

Back