• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lyric is scared of my dogs

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
My dogs dont bother any of my rabbits its like there not even there,But Lyric is a bit scared of them even ifthey just walk in the room she runs into another they are not bothering with her at all im just hoping she gets better:(
They are both fast asleep on the sofa and she keeps jumping on top of George:lol:

nala was like this at first and kobi (mams dog) was even scared of her when she got the curage to stamp her foot at the other side of the door and when she was in her crate but then tragidy struk one day and kobi got into her enclosure after my mam didnt shut gate properly and let dog out obv it was an accident but nala now darts everytime the back door opens or the dog is outside my room (which is right near the back door) so im hoping in time she gets better im just glad i was there to save her

My bun had a terrifying experience with dogs before he came here. He was so frightened that he'd run away from me if I smelled of dog after stroking one.
I've a fantastic neighbour who has a deep understanding of animals, & an instantly obedient, very happy miniature poodle. It was a gradual process of letting Thumper's curiosity take over, first at the front door. They come in now, but Miluse always makes her dog lie down. Last week Thumper tried to chin scent the poodles tail.:shock::shock:
I think the key to our success was having the dog lying down & let bun come to dog. You'll always need to supervise though. Good luck! :wave:

Pearl was really wary of ralph, there was a time she wouldnt walk past him if he was lying in the doorway.. a very distant memory now tho :D:D

She has been loads better today she keeps jumping on them when there on the sofa its so funny cause they dont move:lol:,She has been begging sitting with them at lunch and tea time:) She is only scared if they are running from one room to another it startles her i think

when i 1st got bella she was terrified of my dogs especially the noise of their collars jingling. now its like she is another rabbit. the minute i get home she goes crazy untill i let her out, at 1st i thought she missed me but boy was i wrong. she runs straight up to my dogs, gets a wash from my lab and then runs around with my cavi all evening. i have a pic of all 3 asleep on my sofa, my lab with his head on top of bella's head. i swear that bun thinks she is a dog :roll:

so im certain lyric will come round as long as she doesnt have any bad experiences :) xx

My Jessie rabbit is terrified of my Roxy dog, Charlie dosent bother though, neither do the piggies or Chipmunks:roll:

Back