• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much water

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
should a bunny drink a day. Moo & Liquorice are going through 3 huge dishes a day! They never went through so much before we moved, but they did get a lot more veg. Is there an underlying cause for such water consumption? I'm not sure which one of the 2 it is!

Our 3 go through 2 x 500ml bottles a day between them, more in the summer.

Moo and Liquorice were getting through 2 bowls a day when they were here and we then topped one of them up for overnight.

mine hardly touch the stuff. they have two bottles and a small bowl each day and rarely bother with them...

I think it just depends on the individual bunnies- some are more active, some have thicker coats, and as they regulate temperature by water intake, it all depends on the lifestyle (I think!)

Harley goes through a Large Classic Bottle a day in summer, Flash goes through about half of that ammount.

My bridge bun Mopsy and Peter, although mainly Mopsy, got through 3 litres a day when she was ill. What is their wee output like?

My two nethies together drink nearly 7 oz (or 225 ML) in 24 hours.

Not sure how exactly much Jack and Izzy drink but I know Jack drinks less than the nethies and Izzy drinks a lot more (Izzy is a mini lop, about twice the size of my nethies).

Back