• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues near Southampton?

Ceretrea

Warren Scout
I was thinking maybe I could volunteer a few hours to help out somewhere and gain a bit of bunny experience in the process? I've never handled bunnies before and they are such complex creatures. I'm not looking to adopt yet a while (still waiting for the vet fund and shed fund to ripen) but I figured I have plenty of time in the mean time to learn? Would be during the day of a week day or better still at the weekend?

I was thinking maybe I could volunteer a few hours to help out somewhere and gain a bit of bunny experience in the process? I've never handled bunnies before and they are such complex creatures. I'm not looking to adopt yet a while (still waiting for the vet fund and shed fund to ripen) but I figured I have plenty of time in the mean time to learn? Would be during the day of a week day or better still at the weekend?

Hi your nearest rescues are Sue at Southampton Rabbit Rescue, RSPCA's Ashley Heath in Ringwood or Stubbington (both bit of a drive! :roll:) and there is also one in Waterlooville I believe :? Oh and Blue Cross at Hedge End but they don't seem to have buns anymore. There may be more but those are the only rescues i'm aware of. :wave:

Thank you, I don't drive so that rules out stubbington, ringwood and hedge end (atrocious buses from me). Where is Sue? Is she a member here?

Ive spoken to sue and she sounds very nice. Theres lots of rescues around southampton if you google them they'll give directions.

One of my rescue buns came from Sue at Southampton Rabbit Rescue, she is a really nice lady. She is in Bursledon if that's anywhere near you? :wave:

Actually it is, I'm not too far from there at all

Oh that's great I am sure she would love to meet you. I've met her quite a few times, she boards my buns when I go on hols. I am quite close as well I am in Locks Heath :wave:

Hi your nearest rescues are Sue at Southampton Rabbit Rescue, RSPCA's Ashley Heath in Ringwood or Stubbington (both bit of a drive! :roll:) and there is also one in Waterlooville I believe :? Oh and Blue Cross at Hedge End but they don't seem to have buns anymore. There may be more but those are the only rescues i'm aware of. :wave:

Seconded for Sue @ Southampton :D

The one in Waterlooville isn't taking in rabbits or guinea pigs anymore :(

Oh that's great I am sure she would love to meet you. I've met her quite a few times, she boards my buns when I go on hols. I am quite close as well I am in Locks Heath :wave:

Sue has my herd as well :love: She loves Bandit :lol:

8 in my herd now :lol: None were from Sue originally unfortunately.

If you search 'Southampton Rabbit Rescue' on YouTube, Sue's got a video of her buns :love:

Are you on facebook? All my photos are on there

My goodness 8 is a lot of buns! :shock:

Yes I have seen one video of Sue and her buns on You Tube :D must be the same one I expect.

Yes I am on Facebook. Maybe PM me your name and I will send you a friend request if you want? Would be good to have a friend from RU haven't got any at the moment. I haven't got any photos of my buns on there at the moment but I think I will put a few on.

Back