• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

at what ages have your bunnys passed away

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
there seems to be an awful lot of bunny death on here, i am interested to know how old they are,.... i have just lost a 12 week old....... so unfair:cry:

Hold on, I will post this then edit it as I need my signature to remember.

Honeycombe 8 years
Rowan 5 years
Caspian 18 months
Pippa 7 years
Maverick 6 months
Cassius 12 months
Callisto 18 months
Bobby 3 years
Mack 2 years
Lexie 5 years

Last edited:
My beautiful boy Elvis was 6yrs old, and our little princess Miss Molly 9 1/2 years old.
I still cry about them now, the pain i felt when loosing them, for me will always be there:(

Bungee bun was only 4 years 10 weeks
then only a few weeks later I lost Scrat at the tender age of 3¾ years :cry::cry::cry:

I think now they would have both lived longer with a more experienced owner, I hate knowing they were my learning curve :cry::cry:

I also lost Izzy at about 8 or 9 months, nothing I could have done differently for her :(

Sassy - 6
Lily - 4.5
Luna 3-ish (age not 100% sure)

I'm worried because this track record seems to be getting younger :?

Ive never lost one of my own bunnies **touches wood** I did however, loose 4, 3 day old babies recently :cry: xXx

Bell was 6 years (dwarf lop)
Rab was 9years(dwarf lop)
Peter was 7 years (english)
Pepi was 10weeks, he had a parasite in his stomach :cry: (mini lop)
Bob was 6 years (Conti)

patch was my 'learning curve' and i feel so guilty for that. :cry: he was 4 years old when he passed.

smudge was 8 weeks. i'd planned and researched for years after patch before getting more rabbits and then he happened to go downhill on a sunday evening when the emergency vets was too far for him to make it. :cry:

bisc and matt are now 3 years 4 months old, both with health problems and i am petrified of losing them ever. i don't think i could handle it.

also, now i have my piggies aswell and i am petrified of losing them aswell. :cry:

Topsy - about 3 yrs (this was when I was a child, I know now it was probably E.c and we could probably have got her through it but the vet said to PTS!)

Fern - 5 yrs
Charlie - 10.5 yrs

Alas, neither have happened naturally, I've had to make that awful gut wrenching decision both times. :cry: I feel sick just thinking about it.

I'm only going to do the recent generation of rabbits.

Flash 9 months
Oz 2 years
Tubby 12 (just)
Boof 3 years
Moon 2 years
Sunshine 8 years
Sweep 9 years
Summer, unsure, but she was an old lady when she came to me. Somewhere between 8-10, I would guess.

Earlier generations of rabbits I can't remember so well (because I was little) so these are rough estimates.

Floppy 8 years
Dottie 18 months
Smoke 18 months
Junior 5 years
Scamp-unknown
Domino-18 months (he was a school bun, that was down to teacher error, he was due to become mine within a month and he overheated and died in his hutch).
Polo 18 months
Tumbles 6 years
Skippy 13 weeks
Scrabble 5 years (I think)
Smudge 6 years

Plus stillborn kits.

I think that's the lot, I'm not sure :oops:

Charlie was 6
Thumper was 9
Snowdrop was 4
patch was 11 months he had kidney failure

sleep tight all my babies