• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

xEmily

Mama Doe
Hiya, thought I would introduce myself! I'm Emily, I'm 20 and currently studying Wildlife Conservation at Plymouth Uni. I've had bunnies when I was little, but a year ago we got two gorgeous bunnies (some sort of lionhead/lop cross) who now live in our patio and have the run of the garden for several hours a day (much to my dads annoyance!).

Unfortunately one of them had to be put to sleep 2 days ago, she broke her leg 10 weeks ago and when they took the cast off there had been no new bone growth and the vet decided the best thing to do would be to put her down. It came as quite a shock considering she was so young (just over a year) and although the vet had mentioned that it was a possibility, we didn't really know how likely it was to happen.

Anyway sorry for the depressing introduction, I joined partly to get some advice on introducing another rabbit to my remaining bunny, so will post in the relevant section! I looked through the housing thread, you all keep your bunnies is such nice enclosures/gardens!

:wave: Hi and welcome.

Am very sorry to hear about your little bun. How very sad.

There's heaps of lovely people on here who can advise on bonding (I'm afraid I'm not one of them) and it's a great forum to come to for help.

Add photos when you can.

Naomi
x

Hiya , sorry to hear about your bunny, it breaks your heart when something like that happens. Hopefully speak to you sometime

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Here's a couple of pics, the grey one is Doogie who had to be put down, and the white one is Polly.

Sleepy bunnies
IMG_1250.jpg

Flopped out on their favourite box
IMG_1262-1.jpg

Licky licky! Doogie is responsible for the chunk out of Pollys ear, right before they got spayed.
IMG_1221.jpg

And just because it's too cute, baby Doogie!
thumper1-2.jpg

Back