• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

biting

any good tips on how to stop rex from biting us please:wave:

When your rabbit does it, sniff very loudly and turn your back to the rabbit, walk away and ignore.

Don't be afraid to flick your feet a little too :oops:

im totaly gonna try this...nala is sneaky if ya not fast enough giving her food she bites ya ankles :lol: so i always wear big slippers lol

its not so much when he is running around its when he is being held, people have said i should tap his nose ???

its not so much when he is running around its when he is being held, people have said i should tap his nose ???

I personally wouldn't tap the nose....

Maybe try the above suggestion, or I've done a similar thing by picking bun up and if bun bites etc, put it down again and walk off to leave it for 5 mins before trying again. It's all about learned behaviour i think. Not that I'm an expert!!

is the bun neutered? Autumn used to bite, before she was neutered, not me, but my jeans and shoes, same too with Sophie. Cherry nearly got me the other day, she is neutered, but had just had a dental, so I am putting that down to pain.

I don't think the nose tap thing works.

I've seem people use loud noises with cats and dogs. I was watching something about a cat that used to wee on carrier bags, so the owner would hide and when the cat went onto a carrier they would drop a heavy book and the cat would be put off.

He's probably not going to be a bun who wants to be held. Mine loves a nose rub etc but just doesn't like to be held. He used to bite but now I respect his wish not be to held and he hasn't bitten me in about a year.

best of luck, i've been trying for nearly two years and still get the odd hard one. just learn to be quick, try not to make fast movements, wear heavy clothing and don't react to it.

Lola bites daddy's toes when he tells her off!:lol::lol: But I don't think this needs a cure! mwahaha!

Best of luck with your bun, some buns are just grumpy like that though :(

Tilly is more "nippy" in the mornings than the rest of the day. We don't invade her personal space then but try to distract her with a large bit of veg.

She can also nip last thing at night when my OH goes into their enclosure to give her hay but then he's in her space ( but he won't be told :lol: he claims its our lounge! not any more it isn't )

He's probably not going to be a bun who wants to be held. Mine loves a nose rub etc but just doesn't like to be held. He used to bite but now I respect his wish not be to held and he hasn't bitten me in about a year.

my rabbit is the same and i have come to face that my bun will never be a lap bun :lol:

The only time Ive been bitten was when I was hand feeding them, and Oggie went abit too far down with his teeth :lol: Bloody hurt like anything, and that wasnt even agressive biting!!

Back