• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new woodlands range-*caution*

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
hi
i just read this post on another forum and thought i should share as it is a little worrying. Another lady had tried the guinea pig version and also had runny poo's.

I don't know if any of you have ever tried the Herbal Delight forage mix by
> Woodlands at Pets @ Home.....but my advice would be not to. Natural used to do a nice line in dried dandelion etc but they now have been taken over, apprently, by Woodlands - so unable to buy the dandelion I thought I would try their Herbal Delight........a dried forage which includes peppermint, parsley and beetroot. All six buns were given a small amount as a treat after their supper. Nobunny fell on it like they do the dried dandelion but everybun had a taste. Next morning I was awash with poopy butts ranging from a certain looseness to full on diahorrea and Thumper and Precious had started to gointo stasis. Four butt baths and 2 metaclopromide injections later all buns had began to calm down except Precious, who had had a really swollen painful tum and required massaging, Infacol, and another metaclopromide injection 8 hours after the first before she returned to normal.....
Now, I can't obviously be sure that it was this Herbal Delight (I suspect
the peppermint) but I had fed nothing out of the ordinary that day (hadn't
opened a new bag of pellets or anything) and all fresh food ie basil, dill,
kale etc was fine.........so a word of caution if using this product. If
one bun had reacted adversely I wouldn't be too worried - but all SIX?

I thought woodlands was a totally new PAH brand and naturals are still going?

This was my understanding too, I hope they haven't changed, though the Rosewood (natural's manufacturer) website seems to still list the products as they are...

Someone who works for P@H told me that the woodlands range is made by the same people who made the naturals range (which no longer exists).

Someone who works for P@H told me that the woodlands range is made by the same people who made the naturals range (which no longer exists).

I will be so sad if it's true :cry: I had a look on their website...they have very similar products but the Woodlands range is so small and has hardly any of the things my buns love from the Naturals range :cry::cry:

The place where i normally get the naturals range from local has stopped selling it :( When i emailed Rosewood they assured me the range was still going strong and sent me a list of other stockists in my area :) I think the woodlands range is for P@H only... its like their own version of it from what i can gather.

Thanks for the warning Lisa... :) xXx

I've still been able to buy the naturals range in other pet shops, just not in PAH. I though the Woodlands one might be an equivalent brand that was just sold in PAH...
I haven't tried mine on any of the stuff yet though...

Lisa at the hayexperts is still stocking the Naturals range thank god! :wave: I too tried the new Woodlands range and the buns weren't that impressed to be honest. Not a patch on the Naturals stuff - not one bit.

Hiya :wave:

My buns don't like the new woodlands range either. I have contacted P@H who said that they haven't had any other complaints and made it out that I had fussy buns :? May I suggest that if your not happy and would like the naturals range back that you contact them by email on their website like I did. I now have to drive 15 miles to stock up on the naturals products!

I bought shadow the same bag yesterday & have noticed today her poops are more sloppy today, its the first time she has eaten it, she did woof it down too..should i not give her anymore?... shes eating & drinking alright though, or could it be cos ive moved her from being an outside bunny to an indoor bunny?
i do like the smell of the peppermint lol

should i not give her anymore?... shes eating & drinking alright though, or could it be cos ive moved her from being an outside bunny to an indoor bunny

Could be either, but I prob feed anymore until it has resolved itself. If it happens again you know its the treats.

The thing is that herbs have different effects on us humans. The ffect of the peppermint could have been too strong for bunnies tummies..like they tell you not to give peppermint water to children in excess..for the same reason.

Perhaps that bag just had a lot of peppermint in it, its possible that not all bags have the same ratios in them.

This is a bit worrying. I bought Flynn the Herbal Heaven and he had some the day he took ill :?. Now i have read this, i am wondering if that is what has caused all his problems :shock:.

This is a bit worrying. I bought Flynn the Herbal Heaven and he had some the day he took ill :?. Now i have read this, i am wondering if that is what has caused all his problems :shock:.

Which is the one with parsley mint and another herb in it? i've decanted it into a tub so no longer know what it was called?
Had a few episodes here so I might just stick the rest of the bag on the compost heap and revert to my naturals bags!

Back