• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

worried! no poo in 3hrs

sam and nala

Alpha Buck
should i go to vets?

nala is eating and is her usual self lazy! but no poos since i cleaned her tray this afternoon so thats about 3hrs ago if not 4 this surly isnt normal :shock:

Last edited:
should i go to vets?

nala is eating and is her usual self lazy! but no poos since i cleaned her tray this afternoon so thats about 3hrs ago if not 4 this surly isnt normal :shock:

I wouldn't worry just yet unless it is unusual for your bun. My buns tend to nap between 11am and 3pm and often don't pass any droppings during this time. Give it another hour or two unless there are other symptoms! A tummy rub if you are worried might shift a few things, as will a good hop around!

i wouldnt no if its normal or not i work during the day usualy its only due to ill health that im taking so much notice...so maybe it is normal im not sure :oops:

I'd only worry if it had been about 5-6 hours or there was reduced or smaller output and my bun was also showing other symptoms such as huddled in corner, refusing food or pushing belly to the floor. If your bun seems fine otherwise then I would not worry just yet. How about offering her some food and encouraging her to hop around to put your mind at rest?

she actualy is huddled in a corner she usualy sprawls ill go put her in the living room where she can run about on carpet for a bit see if this helps

Good to keep and eye on her and obviously if she shows other symptoms of being unwell then it might mean a trip to the vets.

If it's merely just the time between last outpoop then all I will say is that usually Bob will sleep from 11.30am and not visit his hayrack till about 6.00pm so doesn't poop in that time. I only start worrying if it's more than 10 hours and/or he's off his food and sitting uncomfortably.

Sometimes I even just pick him up and put him in his litter tray and he starts munching (hayrack is directly opposite) and sure enough he rewards me with poop!

shes had a hop about in living room but just kept liying down as if she couldnt be bothered i will keep an eye on her tho

she has had alot of poos now but very smelly so im wondering if she did need that tummy rub and a hop/fling in a big room to get her gut moving :roll:

but glad shes pooing lol

you given her any veg lately perhaps she may of had just a lil gas that needed shifting,

i think even buns have there off days,

Back