• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Baby' My Foster.

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I made this thread back at the start of September about my new foster Autumn.

At that point he looked like this.

20090830_369.jpg

Whe he came I expected to lose him because he had been separated from mum far too early, and he also had a very mild URI, but obviously that's a big thing for a little bun.

I couldn't bear to use his name because I expected him to die and didn't want to get attached. To distinguish which bun I was talking about, I just talked about 'baby'. 'Baby' has now unfortunately stuck despite him now definitely not being a baby and being a hormonal teen in need of some neutering.

Now, I've had him for nearly 7 weeks and today he came out of quarantine.

As you can see he has grown.... somewhat.

There are three short videos of him (no more than 20 seconds).

He spent the afternoon binkying, running, bunny 500-ing, eating everything in sight, getting in all the wrong places, mastering things he's not yet had to master (like jumping up and down off the furniture), digging, spraying, marking and generally having a marvellous time whilst me and my brother picked up the trail of destruction he left.

Oh I love him so much! I truly hope we can find him the most awesome home :D He will hopefully be neutered next week and then vaccinated, and after that he will get a girlfriend, but if he is reserved before then he can go as a single bun to be bonded with a current girlie bun.

He is so gorgeous :love::love::love:
Can't watch the videos cos my computer won't let me, again :roll: , but can see from the stills that he's having a fab time :D

He is so gorgeous :love::love::love:
Can't watch the videos cos my computer won't let me, again :roll: , but can see from the stills that he's having a fab time :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! You're missing out on all the binkies!

I would have taken pics had my mum not had the memory card, but I'll get some next time he is in, and post those. Especially for you :)

I've only ever known on rabbit to be of the ilk that he is, and that was my Summer who lost her life back in June after a lengthy cancer battle.

On the tv today there was an advert saying

'Autumn is the new Summer'. Definitely feels like it. I told him really early on he could stay if he was a girl. He didn't work hard enough to change and has remained a boy, but he certainly is a cracker!

He's gorgeous. I have a big soft spot for harlequins anyway but he is so pretty, urm, sorry, 'handsome' :love:

He can be pretty :lol:

We reckon he is about 11-12 weeks now, and if anyone is interested he will be available for adoption through the local RSPCA in due course.

Last edited:
:love::love::love: That second vid really brought a smile to my face. He's growing into a handsome young man.

Beautiful :love: Amazing that although he seemed like he wouldn't make it, he now couldn't look more alive....you've done a grand job with him :)

Back