• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snake eating rabbit (discussion only - no video)

raine

Warren Veteran
Rabbits that are given away free can end up as snake food, which is why the free ads for animals should not exist. Ive just ended up on a you-tube site and there were 8 videos that some morons had put up with rabbits being killed by snakes. I made the mistake of clicking on one and it was so dreadful, with this lovely English spot being killed by a snake, it was so distressing. Im an idiot for clicking on it.

Last edited:
Rabbits that are given away free can end up as snake food, which is why the free ads for animals should not exist. Ive just ended up on a you-tube site and there were 8 videos that some morons had put up with rabbits being killed by snakes. I made the mistake of clicking on one and it was so dreadful, with this lovely English spot being killed by a snake, it was so distressing. Im an idiot for clicking on it.

There was a link on here once before about it and I clicked on it to it was just awful:cry::cry::cry: the bloke was laughing as he fed the rabbit to the snake it broke my heart:cry:

I cant get the bunny out of my mind, it was so awful. Its highlighted for me the problems with free ads. Below is a link talking about free ads in the USA (nothing gory on it). Its definitely a problem we need to be aware of in the UK

I once saw a thumbnail of one of these videos, it was down the right side of the Youtube page in a list as I was watching a different video. I would never, ever watch one of these - not for any reason under the sun, it would haunt me for a long time and I don't want to willingly subject myself to that.

The people who film things like this and put them online just want people like us to watch it and get upset and angry and give them a disgusted reaction which they thrive upon :?

I agree with you and I am now haunted, but its highlighted for me the plight of free ad animals in the UK.

There was a lady on another forum who said she got bunnys, rats, Chickens from ads saying she was going to keep them as pets and fed them to her snapper turtle :censored:

She didn't see the problem with it and said the people were happy she was taking them.

She also swam with her snapping turtle so i told her i hope one day she gets her arms bitten off.

In some parts of the world it 'normal' if you can call it that to feed live animals to others all the time from rabbits to small deer. I thing i remember seeing someting about captive tiger & lions in china being fed like this.Some people feed live mice, gerbils, hamsters and yes buns to snakes in privte collections in this country.

Last edited:
I have seen one of these awful video's on 'you tube' by mistake and I advise you not to have a look as they are very very upsetting. It made me quite ill and I couldn't sleep for week's, I know it goes on but I don't want to see it, it's horrendous. :cry:

I once saw an ad for someone wanting a 'free baby rabbit' for his disabled sister or something. :roll:

:evil::evil::evil::evil:

big snakes have to eat, but the poor rabbit should not have to endure that suffering from being suffocated... yes its natural in the wild, but snakes in captivity should NEVER be fed live animals, its way too cruel. At least they should be killed with a painless gas first :cry:

Most of the videos on youtube sadly come from places where live feeding is deemed perfectly acceptable.

In the UK it's largely frowned upon and reptiles are supposed to be fed pre-killed food only. It's illegal to buy or take on animals with the intention of feeding it to another yet people stupidly still do it.

I don't really understand why anyone would do it differently either, I've seen some quite horrific pictures of snakes that have been attacked by what was meant to be their food. Anyone feeding live really has no regard for the prey item or their pet. :cry:

Poor, rabbit, I could never watch something like that I would see it eveytime I closed my eyes.

I wish youtube had 'police' to remove these kinds of videos-if the scumbags had no means of showing off their cruelty then maybe they wouldnt do it...

Poor, rabbit, I could never watch something like that I would see it eveytime I closed my eyes.

I wish youtube had 'police' to remove these kinds of videos-if the scumbags had no means of showing off their cruelty then maybe they wouldnt do it...

I keep reporting the ones that show live feeding but nothing is ever done about them. :censored:I think youtube is US based site? In the USA live feeding is more accepted than it is here.

We turned down a booking where someone had a snake amongst other animals that needed looking after whilst they were away. The snake was due a feed whilst they were gone and we were told to simply take the rabbit out the freezer the night before to defrost - it was still a whole rabbit, fur etc. There was just no way we could do it:(

I think we need to try and get people on free ads not to give their animals away free.

Yes, that is a good idea-i saw an ad on preloved this morning for someone who is giving away 6 buns for free (i dont know how to put up the ad to the link ???) they are in st neots

Back