• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could it be stress? He's fine now pg 2

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Flynn had to go to the vet yesterday. On Tuesday night he only ate a bit of his supper and had diarhoea. Vet could not find a cause for his tummy problems, gave him a shot of metaclop and fibreplex.

We continued the treatment throughout the day (1.5ml of metaclop in the afternoon, and 2ml of fibreplex in afternoon and evening).
But he only ate a little hay and some dried herbs, refused his dinner again. This morning his dinner is un-touched. He has eaten a bit more hay and about 1/2 a bit spring green leaf.

Im going to phone vet back and syringe feed. He is ok within himself, but here comes the weird bit.

Flynn used to be a housebunny. Then i bonded him and moved him to the shed. After his EC paralysis, he and Taff fell out and i moved Flynn back in the house, where he has always been happiest.

But about a week ago, a boarder came (Fluffy) and he is entire. I have him living in the hallway, while Flynn is in the living room, they can see/smell each other (cant be avoided sadly) but cant get to each other. However, over the past couple of days, this has been upsetting Flynn. Could it be Fluffy being here that is upsetting Flynn? Flynn's bag of SS is currently in the hall too, so will smell of Fluff, could this be why he is refusing to eat it? Or am i going totally mad?

Sorry for the long post. Flynn is soooo special to me, i just need him healthy again.

Last edited:
Stress can certainly bring on gut problems. It can also bring on e.c. symptoms.
I think an entire male so close to his territory is highly likely to be upsetting him and may be what is making him ill.
Is there nowhere else you could find for the boarder- bathroom? kitchen? bedroom?
I hope Flynn feels better soon. By the way, you didn't mention any pain relief. Gut problems are usually painful so it may help xx

Thanks Jaysmonkey and Hilda :D

Thank you lilbun, he has had pain relief, yes. He hadn't when i posted originally, but he had some at the vets yesterday.

He got blood tests and a conscious (sp) xray done yesterday and nothing shown up as abnormal. I have been syringe feeding and the next step is to get GA xrays done and possibly a feeding tube. He has been nibbling bits and bobs, enough to keep him alive basically.

I'm moving Fluffy to another room, but its not very easy to move him and give him lots of space :?. I will work something out though.

It's a bit odd that there doesn't seem to be any obvious problems leading to him not eating much. Is it possible he has a wee infection (I'm unsure how common that may be)?

Certainly making sure Fluffy can't be seen as much might help a bit.

Thanks Crunchie. We did consider an infection, but giving anti b's could make his tummy worse, so at the moment we are steering clear. Further blood tests are being done out of the surgery (blood counts etc) so those results should be back tomorrow. But none of his "in house" blood work suggested infection.

I have moved Fluffy upstairs and cleaned the hallway. Flynn has never wanted to go in the hallway before, but has spent the past 30 mins there sniffing and chinning :shock:.

I phoned the vet for advice and he said as the conscious xray did not show any sign of anything, it does not really warrant a GA because there did not really appear to be anything sinister he would want to further invesitgate. Likewise, the feeding tube would cause discomfort and stress, so if i am managing syringe feeding food and water, keep going with that.

He is still on metaclop, fibreplex and is getting bio-lapis in his water.

Flynn still has runny poo's but there are normal poo's mixed in with it, so at least some normal are getting produced right?

Thanks soad.

After reading this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=200235 i am thinking the "Woodlnads range herbal delight" is to blame. Flynn had some for the first time on Tuesday morning and became ill that night.

I guess i wont really know, could be a combination, but it is odd that the day he ate the herbs, he got ill, then this thread came up. I would never have thought it was the herbs until now someone else has had issues.

Have you got any critical care to give her? I got a packet last week but haven't used any so you could have it if you thought it'd help? You can't be far away from me and I'm in the centre of Falkirk at the moment looking after my parents house while they're away.

Thanks for the vibes everyone.

Crunchie, i just saw your post, thank you for your very kind offer. I had some critacal care in my first aid box, but the offer is greatly appreciated.

Flynn started to perk up last night, eating on his own and doing tiny poo's. This morning he is fine, eaten all his supper and done lots of poo's all over his new vetbed :roll: :lol:. Such a relief to have my special wee guy eating and happy again.

Back