• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I know I shouldn't moan but.....

BevBunny

Mama Doe
.....well, I thought Charlie and Lavender ate a lot of hay (the vet and bunny sitter both said they were excellent hay eaters) but since Charlie has left us and Darwin has come to live with us, I can't keep up with the hay eating!

Darwin never stops eating hay, and has obviously taught Lavender a thing or two too, cos now she's always got a face full and both of their poo's are HUGE (honestly, they must make their eyes water!). :shock:

I've always fed my buns pure timothy hay, and/or the stalky timothy mix from the dust extracted hay people - at this rate they're going to bankrupt me! My mission for tomorrow is to find a farm that will sell me a bale of meadow hay. :)

(As I type they're both sat in their corner of the living room with a bunch of hay hanging out of each of their mouths! :love: :lol:)

Awww that's excellent. My trio love the hay I get from a farm shop which isn't too expensive and I have to keep topping it up. Definitely worth looking into finding a local supplier.

Baled hay all the way ;) Our lot have never complained even if the bales vary in quality or are from different places etc :D Spending only about £10 on hay in about 6 months wonderful :wave: And our 8 mouths are all of the insanely greedy kind!

Ours love farm hay & turn their noses up at the good stuff! :roll::? At £3 a bale, it's a bargain & they go mad for it! :D

ours :love: farm hay! They won't even touch Timothy hay, but hey thats money in my pocket..to be later spent on the buns anyway but oh well!

My Izzy won't eat hay :( My other 3 do but I don't think they're as good of hay eaters as some rabbits are.

Hehe, I know what you mean. Ruby eats LOADS of hay. When she arrived I was really shocked. And she'll eat anything, even the cheap stuff. She's taught Pipkin to do the same, it's great :) But it means I have to top their hay up at least 3 times a day... can't keep up!

I bought a bale for £4 a while ago and have been feeding the buns with it now and then, but they much prefer their Dust Free Hay and green oat hay. Things is, the bale is very yellow looking and although it smells fine, being a paranoid bunny mum I keep thinking it can't be as good for them as the lovely DFH :?

Wish I could find a local supplier of nice green looking bales - I get proper hay envy when i see some of your pictures with bunnies noming big piles of green hay :lol:

Hay envy, fantastic! :lol:

I found a farm not too far away from me that sell bales, I thought I'd get a wheelie bin to keep the hay in down the shed - am hoping it'll fit, if not I'll just set the buns to work on the bale for a while. :lol:

Back