• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a favour...

cazh

Warren Scout
Hello all,

Just a quick question and some advice really - I've got a trip to America at the beginning of November for 5 days and i'm really worried what to do with my bunnies. Before I booked it I asked a few friends and they said they would be fine to have my boys, but now things have come up and they say they now can't take them :roll: I asked my neighbour today and she said her husband is allergic so they wouldn't be able to take them... i have another neighbour who could easily come in a few times a day to feed/let them out (which would mean they wouldn't have to go somewhere strange), or they could go and stay round there - except they have a really messy house with not much space for my buns to run around in and i'd worry there's too many things for them to eat (wires etc!).

They're my last resort really but I thought i'd check on here to see if anyone know any boarding places (they're indoor bunnies) in the South London/Surrey area ideally not too far from Croydon. I've had a look online but there doesn't seem many people that take house rabbits and they're all quite far away. Ideally I would love it if I had a bunny-loving friend who could take them for the 5 days i'm away - someone who had access to RU :D and knew all about rabbits so they could take good care of them and pick up on any signs of anything went wrong... so I don't suppose anyone here lives in my area or nearby and fancies this little challenge?! ;) They're really lovely and soooo affectionate! I'm panicking and even telling my parents I want to stay behind until I know they're going somewhere I know they will be safe and in good hands. The neighbour will be the last resort though - they won't know whats hit them when I call every 5 minutes checking on the rabbits, asking them to examine the size and amount of poos and give me a blow by blow account of what they've eaten... :lol:
If you are able to help me or give me any advice it would be the best thing ever :D - i can but ask.

P.S I've asked at the vet and they say they only have pet sitters - but my parents aren't happy about anyone living in our house while we are away.

Hello,

I identify with so many of the worries you have on your post - I promise you, you are not alone! It's so hard to leave them, and for bunnyless people, I think it's quite hard for them to understand.

I would help you but I live in Suffolk so that's probably too far for you to travel. However, if you're really stuck, do bear it in mind, I would be happy to help.

Good luck x

If you don't have any luck finding somewhere, then i'll see if they can come here.. i'd keep a close eye on George's eating etc for you.

I know how you feel, i also identify with some of your problems. I am going on holiday to Isle of Skye next year and have been worrying about what to do myself but lucky Brambles breeder is going to look after them for me.

Good luck and I hope you find someone very soon.

Helping to bump you up. xx

Thank you all for your help and PM's. I will reply to your PMs - you are all too kind! RU is the best!!

Back