• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a bit of help needed, the 3 kits

getlaced

Alpha Buck
i wasnt sure where to post this so please tell me if it should be elsewhere!

im a bit worried about the smallest one, iv had to clean his bottom area twice today, the last time iv had to put his back end in shallow water and soak off the dry poo, it was totally covering his genital area and i panicked that he wouldnt be able to pass urine and poo any more. whether i did the right thing i dont know, but he seems happier now after i have dried him off and put him on a hot water bottle for 10 mins, he's back in with his siblings eating pellets. i dont know what to make of it. he's on pro biotic and his poos have been of a normal firm consistancy, even the ones caked into his bottom werent that soft, if this makes sense?? there getting pro biotic, is there anything else i can do for him? thanks

i wasnt sure where to post this so please tell me if it should be elsewhere!

im a bit worried about the smallest one, iv had to clean his bottom area twice today, the last time iv had to put his back end in shallow water and soak off the dry poo, it was totally covering his genital area and i panicked that he wouldnt be able to pass urine and poo any more. whether i did the right thing i dont know, but he seems happier now after i have dried him off and put him on a hot water bottle for 10 mins, he's back in with his siblings eating pellets. i dont know what to make of it. he's on pro biotic and his poos have been of a normal firm consistancy, even the ones caked into his bottom werent that soft, if this makes sense?? there getting pro biotic, is there anything else i can do for him? thanks

He needs to 'learn' how to clean himself. He would normally copy his Mum. Hopefully if the other two are self grooming he will pick up the skill from them.

If the poos are well formed then a true GI upset seems less likely, although in such a young orphan its always a real possibility that his mucky bum could be the start of something more serious.

Do you have a healthy adult Rabbit that you could harvest some caecotrophs from ? If so feeding the runt some would be the best possible way of trying to maintain a healthy balance of gut flora.

yes i have healthy adults that i could get them from, i never see them in their litter trays or anything so is there a particular way to get them jane? that probably sounds like the stupidest thing to ask, i feel silly wrighting it!
thank you

Well I guess the only way would be to put an Elizabethan Collar on the Bun for a few hours around the time they'd normally pass their caecals :?

Back