• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone get a discount at the vets?

ilovemybuns

Alpha Buck
does anyone get a discount at the vets?
i took midnight in yesterday for his vhd vac and i was talking to a lady with loads of cats.she asked me if i got discount of multiple vacs etc.
after asking the receptionist she told me to phone the main branch.
i phoned this morning and i can get 10% of vacs and im waiting for them to phone me back tommorow about money of the castrations.
i know its not much but every little helps at the moment!
dee

I do. Seems to vary how much though.

I get at least 10% off everything and they do a better deal for vaccinations and last time they just cut £10 off a £25 bill which ws pretty awesome.

Definitely get what you can from them :) Especially if they are good.

Not discounts on certain things, but my vets seem to not charge me properly when my pets die. Like I have been in at 1am or whatever for PTS and the vet said don't question your bill when you get it I have only charged you for a normal visit :) Things like that x

I get 10% discount & they've missed bits off my bill before now - like £50 call outs, or the 15-bun healthchecks on myxi scare number 1:oops:

I do. Seems to vary how much though.

I get at least 10% off everything and they do a better deal for vaccinations and last time they just cut £10 off a £25 bill which ws pretty awesome.

Definitely get what you can from them :) Especially if they are good.

yea they are good and within walking distance which is a bonus,i have a diary for the animals with vac dates when they need there frontline wormers etc but i normally take 1 or 2 at at time,but would be much easier to take all at the same time.

We get discount..but it varies and at one of the vets we use not as much as some people think
We spend Thousands every year and put a lot more business their way, so would be a bit put out if we didn't get something off

Would love to find a vet who would do the rescue buns at cost for us

I don't, our vets wouldn't let you off with a single penny! The other day Phoebe An had a dental check up & when I was leaving the receptionist called after me, saying I owed them money. I was so embarrassed, everyone in the waiting room was looking at me.They had accidently undercharged me last time I was there so there was an outstanding balance of...wait for it...33p :roll:

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question :oops: But can you not treat your own animals? x

I do for my exotics and order and pay for drugs direct to the supplier, but if my cat/dog need treatment I get one of the small animal vets to assess them and get charged like anyone else.

I do for my exotics and order and pay for drugs direct to the supplier, but if my cat/dog need treatment I get one of the small animal vets to assess them and get charged like anyone else.

eeek, I thought you would have got employers discount at least!? Like in retail :lol::lol::oops:

Yeah I get free courses with my jewellery job, even though I only work for them about 3/4 times a year :)

I get 10% off vaccs, I didn't ask for anything else, as for now I am happy with that. I have 7 vaccs coming up, but even with discount it will come to around £90

Last edited:
Yes, 10% off everything and no charge for Home Visits (eg for when my Vet comes out to do all the Myxo Vacs)

I also get a special rate for neuters/Dentals

Amazingly I get no discount :(

Same for us :( We get 15% off for multiple vaccinations the same as anyone else would but we pay full price for everything else.

I noticed on the last bill that they have put their prices up in the past few weeks but didn't mention anything to us. X-rays have gone up by £5 each and we had 3 taken last week and GA's have gone up by £3.50 :(

Back