• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi

skgreene

Warren Scout
Hi :wave: ive just joined RU, im planning to get a bunny soon and came across RU whlist researching for my new family member as ive havent owned a bun for seven years so a bit rusty. The plan atm is for him/her to be a house bun so any tips on house rabbits would be great fanks.

:wave: Hi and welcome!

Add photo's when you get him/her. Where are you getting the bun from and how old will he/her be? If they've already been an indoors bun then you won't need too many tips.

How exciting.

I have a house bun. There's heaps of things to talk about re. indoor bunnies but immediate tips would be: cover/hide all wires and anything else which could harm them. Watch for any flowers/plants that are within reach as some can be poisonous. If you're female, hide your best pair of shoes and bag (my sister did not when she came to visit. Bad times).

If you're getting a baby or what was a previously outdoor bun then you might need to do the whole litter training thing. See where they like to go and then put the litter tray there. They tend to like them opposite the hay rack as they're v capable of doing 2 things at once!

We have an indoor cage containing hay rack, toys, water bottle and litter tray. This is just his 'feeding' zone. After we did the whole initial introduction to the flat when he was a baby, (over a period of 2 weeks - letting him out in the morning and evening but locked inside whilst at work) he became a very happy free range bun (our carpets however took a bit of stick....he was a digger for a while).

I would like to adopt a resuce bun, but am unsure how to go about adopting as ive heard about bad stories from buns pet shops although our last rabbit who died 7 + years ago was a pet shop rabbit and we never had any health problems, ill take a note a put my shoes and bags out the way lol

Back