• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else seen this?

Oh no! That is only about 5 mins away from me....! I have been thinking about rescueing another one but am very wary about rocking the boat with my two bonded buns as I would hate to disrupt the bond between them. But its so tempting!!!

Oh no! That is only about 5 mins away from me....! I have been thinking about rescueing another one but am very wary about rocking the boat with my two bonded buns as I would hate to disrupt the bond between them. But its so tempting!!!

Go oooon... get her!! ;););)

wheeeee, good luck with it all! :D I hope there is a postitive outcome to this!

Regards to bonding, there is alot of information on this site. If you feel you can't do it, there is always the oppurtunity for a rescue to do it for you for a donation!

I have just had an email from the owner and she would be interested in rehoming her with me but (and its a big but!!) she isnt neutered. I am wary of taking her and having to neuter her and wait for the hormones to die down before I try bonding.

Big dilemma, will have to give it some thought!!!

I have just had an email from the owner and she would be interested in rehoming her with me but (and its a big but!!) she isnt neutered. I am wary of taking her and having to neuter her and wait for the hormones to die down before I try bonding.

Big dilemma, will have to give it some thought!!!

I may have a plan. I live in Beckenham so BR5 is about 15 mins from me.

Is she a house bun or a garden bun? I could foster her if she's a garden bun - I have house bunnies so can't have a foster bun in the house. It says that she comes with a hutch so thats all good, and if we decide its too cold, I have a shed, that we could put her in for a while - obviously this won't work if she's currently a house bun as it wouldn't be fair to put her outside.

So Nikki, I could foster her, and look after her whilst she is neutered (although I don't expect to be paying for the neutering but am happy to provide her hay/food/bedding/toys etc). Then when she is fit and healthy she can come to you. If you are worried about bonding we could try them together in my garden, or talk to the ladies at the rescue in Beckenham. I recently got Darwin from them and they helped me with bonding to my existing (recently bereaved) little girl bun.

What do you think? This all comes with the caveat of I'd need to run it by my other half.

My only worry is that shes not been vaccinated, all the myxi around at the moment is a bit scary, and my buns go on my lawn too. :?

Last edited:
I think that could definitely work! I think she is an outdoor bun but I will email the owner to double check, I have also asked her how big her hutch is at the moment (was trying to work out if I could fit it in my garden or shed!!)

In terms of the vaccinations (I hadnt realised she wasnt vaccinated either :cry:) I was thinking of asking the owner if they can have her vaccinated before they emigrate, I think that is a small price to pay and I wouldnt want to subject mine to any risk. I will find the money to pay for the neuter.

The rescue in Beckenham...is that GBH?? I have got all of my buns (apart from my first) from there any they have been brilliant in bonding. I am a little bit embarrassed to go back tho as I think they think I am a little bit crazy! I have already rescued 4 rabbits and 3 guinea pigs from them!!

I think that could definitely work! I think she is an outdoor bun but I will email the owner to double check, I have also asked her how big her hutch is at the moment (was trying to work out if I could fit it in my garden or shed!!)
I was thinking about the size of the hutch too, I live in a terrace house so it would have to come through my house to get into the garden, which could be difficult if its too big.

In terms of the vaccinations (I hadnt realised she wasnt vaccinated either :cry:) I was thinking of asking the owner if they can have her vaccinated before they emigrate, I think that is a small price to pay and I wouldnt want to subject mine to any risk. I will find the money to pay for the neuter.
Good point, and then although the myxi won't be effective immediately, we're at least on the right path! Plus the vet can give her a full check too to make sure there are no signs of myxo or anything else.

The rescue in Beckenham...is that GBH?? I have got all of my buns (apart from my first) from there any they have been brilliant in bonding. I am a little bit embarrassed to go back tho as I think they think I am a little bit crazy! I have already rescued 4 rabbits and 3 guinea pigs from them!!
Yes, its GBH, they're lovely aren't they. :)

I'll speak to other half when we both get home from work tonight and see what he says.

I have just had another email from the owner saying that Lilley has already found a new home. Someone went round there today and took her then and there so I am not longer needed! :(

Was getting used to the idea (and getting a bit excited) about having a trio but will just leave them as a couple now.

Thank you very much for your offer of help BevBunny. Is nice to know that there is someone else from the forum nearby.

I have just had another email from the owner saying that Lilley has already found a new home. Someone went round there today and took her then and there so I am not longer needed! :(

Was getting used to the idea (and getting a bit excited) about having a trio but will just leave them as a couple now.

Thank you very much for your offer of help BevBunny. Is nice to know that there is someone else from the forum nearby.

Oh, I was getting quite excited too, I'd even cleared some space in the shed whilst I was down there earlier. I hope Lilley has gone to a happy and loving home.

Hopefully you'll still think about having a trio, I'm sure the ladies at GBH can help! :)

Nikki - I told my other half about this last night, he was seemed a bit gutted that it hadn't worked out. I think I may have won him over in my bid to foster bunnies - he was worried that we (I actually think thats more 'he') would get too attached to them but he's beginning to see that we have to just get over that. So some good has come out of this. :D He did also say that he wouldn't have wanted Lilly to be outside in the cold and she could live in our spare bedroom. :shock: He's reached a level of bunny soppyness I thought I could only dream of. :D

Oh wow! Fantastic. I am glad I have helped (sort of!!)

If you need any help with anything, please let me know as I am only down the road. I have always wanted to get involved with the fostering side but am a bit restricted with time, space etc, so would love to help out in some way.

Back