• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something Visited My Garden Last Night

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
And has pawed at the tarpauline as there is now a hole in it, and also pooped on top of one of my runs...

Do you think it was a cat or fox? I know there are lots of cats in my neighbourhood. Would a cat poop on top of a run? My cats like to use soft ground to poop.. (my cats not out at night).

Worried about what it is.

And has pawed at the tarpauline as there is now a hole in it, and also pooped on top of one of my runs...

Do you think it was a cat or fox? I know there are lots of cats in my neighbourhood. Would a cat poop on top of a run? My cats like to use soft ground to poop.. (my cats not out at night).

Worried about what it is.

Ooooh this would scare me. I am so scared of a fox coming to scare my bunnies in the middle of the night and me not be aware to do anything.

I hope it is a cat, but I dont know how you would know?

We have cats around here but I have also heard foxes very nearby at night too and seen them.

cats dont normal poop on things they normally want o bury it......I knoe mine do

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Saying that we have had a person take a dump just outside our garden gate before :? and they generally use a toilet so anything is possible!

Maybe keep a look out tonight? And double check everything is secure x

Saying that we have had a person take a dump just outside our garden gate before :? and they generally use a toilet so anything is possible!

:lol:

I also agree about that in terms of the cat, although when our cat is feeling ill she does it in strange places.

Having said that, wouldn't a fox have made more of an effort to get to them than that? I personally would have thought so, but guess maybe it depends on if they have eaten or not?

What about a stray dog? Is that a possibility?

:lol:

I also agree about that in terms of the cat, although when our cat is feeling ill she does it in strange places.

Having said that, wouldn't a fox have made more of an effort to get to them than that? I personally would have thought so, but guess maybe it depends on if they have eaten or not?

What about a stray dog? Is that a possibility?

Stray dog not really a possibility. I have 5 and 6ft fences all around garden. I know dogs can jump, but dont think it is a dog.

Sounds like a fox to me. It probably tried to bite through the tarpaulin and then decided it wasn't worth the effort. Most foxes are quite lazy, only a few are determined enough to chew through wood or tough mesh.

Our foxes leave their poo right next to the hutch or somewhere on the lawn. Or just outside the door so that people step into it in the dark. :roll:

Ive got some poo in my back garden. Does fox poo look like dogs and do cats always bury theirs. This is always on the top of the soil and looks much larger than I would imagine a cat's to be.

My cats' poo was usually much more formed, the fox poo looks quite thin and softer, but I guess it depends on what kind of stuff they eat.

fox poo is about the size if cat poo, but usually instead of being segmented it is sort of twisted.
It does vary though according to time of year - as they eat fruits at certain times of year.

They purposely leave their poo very visibly on hard surfaces or centre of lawn etc so that it marks what they consider 'their' territory or belongings, so that other foxes will not come near.

At this time of year all foxes are marking out and finding new territories as the grown up cubs are thrown out of home.

Sounds like a fox to me.

Make sure that the hutches have more than tarpaulin over them - foxes are only lazy when they are full. As this one runs low on food it will get less lazy.

This stuff looked a bit 'loose'... and a small amount

I know one of my cats doesnt understand they need to bury their poop... she does hers on top of things, but she is quite a big cat and her poops are much bigger than what was on my rabbit run.

Make sure that the hutches have more than tarpaulin over them - foxes are only lazy when they are full. As this one runs low on food it will get less lazy.

I have some wood and hardboard on the top, plus a few extra run panels on top of the tarpauline to stop it blowing about in the wind.. I have hardboard and plywood round the sides which I clip with grippers to the run. I hope this is enough as I dont have anything else to use as barricades.

My other hutch/run is similarly covered but I didnt see any evidence of the animal tampering with that one.

I think we need pictures of this poo :lol:

If this is a fox then it will now be in his head that there is a food source available, so it might be worth looking into fox repellants.

I'm loving all these fox poo descriptions. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I would be inclined to say a fox too. When we had our bridge bunny, Reggie, a fox would sometimes poo on top of his hutch too but that was the most it ever did (and, ashamed as I am to admit it, my hutch security back then was not as good as it is now :oops:).

Fox poo varies in consistency though - I've seen some very solid, dark poo but also some squidgy really foul smelling ones so I guess it depends what they've been eating beforehand. :?

Something visited my garden last night

I would say that was definately a FOX:shock:they poo everywhere:evil:
Do take extra care with your bunnies as he will be back:evil:
Sorry to sound so miserable biut i am dealing with these "charming" animals all day:cry: every day :cry:so find it hard to feel gracious towards them as my bunnies are restricted because of them:evil:

Back