• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frank worried me last night.

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
I got in from work and he was sitting in the living room. I walked up to him and picked him up which is unusual in itself as he normally does a runner. He's quite a ferral house bunny and only comes out for food and treats!

I checked him over and everything seemed fine, including the feel of his tummy. As a precautionary measure I gave him some metacam, gripe water, warm water and tummy massage. His tummy was gurgling a bit. He lay on the bed with me, which is again very unusual. I planned to ring the vets first thing and get him in.

This morning he's a lot more alert, running away from me again and sitting in his litter tray eating hay.

Do you think he just had a bit wind/gas or something?

I'll book him in for later just for a check anyway.

Bob has been like that on a number of occasions. I'm always worried it's another attack of the dreaded GI stasis but very often (especially if I get him moving around alot, which I'm sure is irritating) the gas disperses and after a bit of infacol/fibreplex and a tummy massage, he's back to normal in a few hours.

I'm sure they get a bit bloaty or even just gassy without the bloat - I guess a bit like us if we've got a tummy ache.

It's always good to have a vet appointment as back up but I normally book one for the following day (if he seems himself again) as unless he's gone downhill again I don't like to put him through the stress (which with him compounds tummy problems anyway).

I hope Frank is back on top form soon!

Bob has been like that on a number of occasions. I'm always worried it's another attack of the dreaded GI stasis but very often (especially if I get him moving around alot, which I'm sure is irritating) the gas disperses and after a bit of infacol/fibreplex and a tummy massage, he's back to normal in a few hours.

I'm sure they get a bit bloaty or even just gassy without the bloat - I guess a bit like us if we've got a tummy ache.

It's always good to have a vet appointment as back up but I normally book one for the following day (if he seems himself again) as unless he's gone downhill again I don't like to put him through the stress (which with him compounds tummy problems anyway).

I hope Frank is back on top form soon!

Cheers honey!
Frank has been though quite a bit in the past and they do cause such a worry, don't they!
x

Back